PDA

View Full Version : Can't uninstall!

steve69
08-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Having now exchanged the rubbish fast track usb (for a product that works!) I have one final problem - I can't uninstall the damn thing.

Every time I try it just hangs permanently. :mad:

Any suggestions?

ATR90
08-10-2008, 02:19 PM
Delete it from the registry...

steve69
08-10-2008, 02:21 PM
must confess I don't know how to do that...

shAmii
08-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Try a manual search and destroy.

First, make sure you have "show all files" checked and "hide extensions" unchecked under "folder options" or you will not find the related .inf and .dll files that you need to delete:

Double click on "My Computer"
go to "VIEW"
go to "FOLDER OPTIONS"
click on the "VIEW" tab
make sure "show all files" is checked
make sure "Hide extensions" is unchecked.
Now do a "find" ("Start"/"Find/Files and Folders") for the Fast Track and remove each of the following files (they should come up in the search):

dma.exe
GBInst.exe
GBInstal.exe
GBUninstal.exe
MA010ASI.dll
Ma010cpl.cpl
MA010TSK.exe
ma763010.inf
MA763010.sys

You might not have all of these files but delete the files you do have.

Apolinarius
08-25-2008, 10:33 PM
You may try Add/Remove 4Good (http://www.sharewarecheap.com/Add-Remove-4Good_software_2353.html), which can easily uninstall any stubborn applications. I've tried this software. It works pretty fine on XP.

ozdemirkal
11-13-2008, 02:36 PM
I tried everything to be able to delete fast track usb but I can't delete it.
I still see the icon on system tray. I have a new m audio firewire solo soundcard. So I can't make it work properley becouse I can't delete fasttrack.
Please help me.... thanks....

Hp pavillion
Windows xp service pack 3
Amd turion(tm) 64 mobile
2 ghz
1 gb ram
1394 texas instruments OHCI IEEE 1394 A

Paul
11-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Go into msconfig and remove all m-audio related items from the Startup menu. Then try removing the dirver again.

ozdemirkal
11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Go into msconfig and remove all m-audio related items from the Startup menu. Then try removing the dirver again.

I tried to do that but it didn't work. When I go to start/control panel/ m audio fast track icon is there. and in the start menu there's also m audio bar. I click on uninstall it says windows is unable to uninstall it.
I donwloaded ' your installer 2008 ' I tried to remove it but it is not in the add/remove program list. I deleted the icon from the tray but uninstall still not working.
Thanks

Ranman
11-13-2008, 04:55 PM
A couple of ideas:

Make sure that m-audio is NOT selected as your default sound driver before you attempt to uninstall.

Try uninstalling in safe mode. (Don't know if this is possible or not...never tried it. But according to windows docs, it may be doable.)

ozdemirkal
11-13-2008, 05:03 PM
No it's not the default sound driver at all. I don't even see it in the device manager list. I just see it on control panel as m audio fast track usb. Now I deleted it on the startup menu also.
I am really stuck...

Thanks for your help anyways. But is there another way to remove it?
Thanks

Paul
11-13-2008, 05:28 PM
Try searching for each of these driver files and delete them if you find them.

Double click on "My Computer"
go to "VIEW"
go to "FOLDER OPTIONS"
click on the "VIEW" tab
make sure "show all files" is checked
make sure "Hide extensions" is unchecked.
Now do a "find" ("Start"/"Find/Files and Folders") for the each of these files. Delete them if you find them

dma.exe
GBInst.exe
GBInstal.exe
GBUninstal.exe
MA010ASI.dll
Ma010cpl.cpl
MA010TSK.exe
ma763010.inf
MA763010.sys

ozdemirkal
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Hello again,
I really appreciate your help but It didn't work.
I have searched for those files. None of them are found. I have an m audio fast track folder in program files. There are files like maudiousb.dll maudiofasttrack.inf M-audiofasttrackcontrolpanelapplet.cpl maudiotaskbaricon.exe mausbasio.dll mausbft.sys mausbftins.exe mausbftinstall.exe and readme.txt
so i did msconfig think and unchecked the maudiotaskbar thing. I still see the maudio icon on control panel.

Thanks

Ranman
11-14-2008, 01:58 PM
Are you logged on with full administrator privilages?

Also, try disabling the UAC (User account Control) and then attempt then uninstall.

ozdemirkal
11-14-2008, 02:05 PM
I have no idea about what it is but I don't think so I am logged on with full administration thing.
I can't uninstall becouse there's no uninstall file.
It is really weird that I can't delete a simple driver.

Ranman
11-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Why don't you try reinstalling the fast track usb driver files and then hopefully, you will have an uninstall exe to work with?

If you no longer have the CD you could probably download the driver files from M-audio.

TechGique
11-14-2008, 03:25 PM
If you go into add/remove, what version does it say? It may be necessary to use one of the older drivers to uninstall. ie if it a version from a few generations ago, try to find that match by clicking on the "show older releases" box on our drivers download page on our website. It is possible that running the uninstaller there may pop it out. I would also clear the temp folder ( Start>Run>type "%temp%" (no quotes)> delete the files in there that can be deleted and reboot. Hope this helps

ozdemirkal
11-15-2008, 04:58 AM
Hi,

I don't see it on add/remove but I guess the ver of the driver is 5.10.00.5080 . I found it on the MAudioFastTrack.inf file. There is just 5.10.00.50.80v2 on the website which didn't let me install. It said it is unable to install. I already deleted the temp files. I am really stuck.

Thanks

ozdemirkal
11-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Hi again,

No more help for me?
I need to get rid of the Maudio fasttrack usb driver to be able to install Maudio firewire solo. I tried to delete it manually but I couldn't find any of the files that were shown. Nothing worked so far. I tried to install it again but it didn't let me install it.

Paul
11-17-2008, 10:24 AM
The Fast Track driver should not prevent the Firewire Solo from working correctly. You should be able to leave the Fast Track driver there for now without it causing any problems.