PDA

View Full Version : VENOM License free?

xps4000
02-02-2011, 12:19 PM
I finally got to check out VENOM at the local music shop and as I was scrolling throught it's phenomenal sound bank I was wondering if they were license free. The banks were stocked with some serious loops and the sound quality of VENOM puts it right to the area of what is happening with music right now. Totally incredible. You can actually make your own song from that factory presets.

Teksonik
02-02-2011, 03:02 PM
What would be the point of creating a musical instrument whose sounds couldn't be used in your music? I'd have to say they are Royalty free.......

xps4000
02-02-2011, 04:36 PM
True but in that past that has been the case. I just like to clarify it for those beginners.

Taiho Yamada
02-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Yes, all of the Arpeggiator Patterns were generated by the sound design team and are royalty free for you to use.

By the way, you can easily change the Patterns used within the Multis, so it's possible to mix and match new combinations very quickly, even while the Arpeggiator is still running.

It's also possible to import your own Patterns, up to 2 bars, from a standard MIDI file using the Venom Control Panel that's installed along with the driver. This allows you to edit your MIDI data in the sequencer of your choice, and then import whatever sections that you want. The imported Pattern goes into the edit buffer, where you can audition it and then choose to store it in a User Bank slot… or not, if you change your mind.

Venom Patterns can include controller data too, not just notes, but because of MIDI bandwidth limitations, you need to keep the number of controllers within reason. The Control Panel will let you know if you're going over the limit.

It's pretty fun to sequence pitch bends, mod wheel, and even CCs mapped to individual parameters in the synth engine. The Venom User Guide has a list of CC parameter assignments for your reference. Just keep in mind that CCs will actually edit your sound, so be careful if you go to Store anything after the Pattern plays.

Hope that helps,

Taiho Yamada
Product Manager
Avid

xps4000
02-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Yes, all of the Arpeggiator Patterns were generated by the sound design team and are royalty free for you to use.

By the way, you can easily change the Patterns used within the Multis, so it's possible to mix and match new combinations very quickly, even while the Arpeggiator is still running.

It's also possible to import your own Patterns, up to 2 bars, from a standard MIDI file using the Venom Control Panel that's installed along with the driver. This allows you to edit your MIDI data in the sequencer of your choice, and then import whatever sections that you want. The imported Pattern goes into the edit buffer, where you can audition it and then choose to store it in a User Bank slot… or not, if you change your mind.

Venom Patterns can include controller data too, not just notes, but because of MIDI bandwidth limitations, you need to keep the number of controllers within reason. The Control Panel will let you know if you're going over the limit.

It's pretty fun to sequence pitch bends, mod wheel, and even CCs mapped to individual parameters in the synth engine. The Venom User Guide has a list of CC parameter assignments for your reference. Just keep in mind that CCs will actually edit your sound, so be careful if you go to Store anything after the Pattern plays.

Hope that helps,

Taiho Yamada
Product Manager
Avid

Yes but out of the box VENOM is so infectious. Some may skip the guide once they are first stung and become entranced by VENOM elegance and beauty not realizing partially its true power lies within the VENOM guides.

EnjoyRC
03-10-2011, 05:34 AM

Hope that helps,

Taiho Yamada
Product Manager
Avid
Nice job.. very well thought out.

Mikefellh
03-16-2011, 11:25 PM
What would be the point of creating a musical instrument whose sounds couldn't be used in your music? I'd have to say they are Royalty free.......

I know the official answer has been given by the Avid Product Manager, but the question in the opening post isn't that outrageous.

I'm heavily into photography, and even for the PROFESSIONAL digital SLR and camcorders of certain brands that use a certain video compression, if you want to use the video generated by them commercially, in the manual it says you have to pay a royalty fee for each video you use commercially!

So it is in the realm of possibility.