PDA

View Full Version : Vyzex Venom Editor & Axiom Pro

filosofem
02-10-2011, 11:23 PM
Is connectivity between Axiom Pro, Vyzex Venom Editor and Venom possible? What I'm trying to work out is controlling Vyzex Venom Editor via Axiom Pro with Venom connected via USB. Venom is not in front of Vyzex Venom Editor but Axiom Pro is in front of Vyzex. Axiom Pro keyboard, sliders, rotary encoders are hopefully used for creating sounds with Vyzex to transfer to Venom.

filosofem
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
Tony over at Psicraft Vyzor Technical Support Board (http://www.vyzor.com/support/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1077) has said and I'm paraphrasing, currently Vyzex Venom Editor does not support Axiom Pro control however Vyzor Venom Editor due to be released Q2 2011 does support full parameter control with Axiom Pro (Axiom series).

Jared
02-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks for sharing the link. I inquired about this for you and received the same info from Tony.

filosofem
02-13-2011, 05:56 PM
Thanks Jared.

neuronium
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
I have as main Midi controller an Axiom Pro 61 and it is just amazing, but how is it possible (from a brand like M-AUDIO and or Avid) the fact that an editor for this not cheap keyboard is not available when any very very cheap midi keyboard controllers like Infrasonic (just 100 dollars...)or others got one? I think it is a shame since it is slow to do everything thru the keyboard itself and its LCD screen. I am loosing a lot of time in my studio because of the lack of editor for Axiom Pro !!!
Michel Huygen / Neuronium since 1977
www.neuronium.eu

jetpacer
03-27-2011, 07:27 PM
I see the upcoming Vyzor Venom VST Editor to be released Q2 2011 will support full parameter control of the Axiom. I Eagerly await this.
But as the first post asked, are there plans for the Vyzex Venom Editor to do this?
It's beginning to feel like the Vyzex Editor is being pushed aside for the upcoming Vyzor Venom Editor. I hope this is not the case.

Psicraft Designs
03-30-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Jet,

Your concerns are understandable, but you have to appreciate that Vyzex is not the same product level as Vyzor: Vyzex Venom is an OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) licensed editor that was developed under a strict budget mandated by M-Audio, while Vyzor Venom is a retail editor that Psicraft Designs can continue to expand by virtue of the fact that it is a retail product. In other words, we can keep developing and adding features to Vyzor editors as they occur because we can charge for them, which brings in revenue and thus allows us to stay in business and add even more features, which brings in revenue and... well, you get the picture.

All of this said, I have already announced that a whole set of powerful new features developed for Vyzor Venom (LinkTracker, Sync Manager and Patch Collider Collector) will be added to Vyzex at no cost when we release the next update to the editor. These features complete what Vyzex Venom was intended to be, namely a companion editor for Venom with a no-holds-barred approach to intuitive music creation: We threw in everything but the kitchen sink into Vyzex Venom because we didn't want users to think this editor had been intentionally limited to force users to upgrade to our retail version. Vyzex Venom 'out features' and 'out performs' most retail editors on the market as far as I am concerned.

When we start talking about adding control surface support to the editor it opens up an entire level of capabilities that are not in the Vyzex platform - MIDI soft thru, message remapping, NRPN support, and of course all the plug-in and automation capabilities that are part of the Vyzor product line. Implementing these is not only a lot of work, the technical support requirements for them are off the scale compared to what is required for standalone operation with Venom, mouse and computer keyboard acting as the only controllers of the editor GUI. All of these additional costs are simply not covered by OEM budgets and therefore we have to be careful to ensure they are only incurred when a retail editor is the recipient. To do otherwise would be to invite deresolution, as they say in the world of Tron.

So, I am not going to put too fine a point on this: When the latest set of features that I mention above go into Vyzex Venom that will be the proveribial 'it'. From then on in, we'll be only updating the program to handle required operating system changes that may occur in 2011-2012, and of course fixing any bugs that are discovered along the way. Vyzor Venom on the other hand will continue to grow and expand like any other retail software title on the market and users will be able to track along as we go based on their needs and/or budgets.

If a Venom user wants all of the additional DAW and controller features that our Vyzor level Venom editor offers, they shouldn't find the ultra-low upgrade cost of $19.95 to be an unfair option. It's a screaming deal in my opinon.

Cheers,

Tony

Psicraft Designs
03-30-2011, 01:57 PM
I have as main Midi controller an Axiom Pro 61 and it is just amazing, but how is it possible (from a brand like M-AUDIO and or Avid) the fact that an editor for this not cheap keyboard is not available when any very very cheap midi keyboard controllers like Infrasonic (just 100 dollars...)or others got one? I think it is a shame since it is slow to do everything thru the keyboard itself and its LCD screen. I am loosing a lot of time in my studio because of the lack of editor for Axiom Pro !!!
Michel Huygen / Neuronium since 1977
www.neuronium.eu

Hi Michel,

We are looking into ways to correct this situation now... Stay tuned and keep using that Axiom Pro!

Tony

badseed
03-30-2011, 04:10 PM
Hey Tony,

Thanks for your detailed explanation of the Vyzor development rationale - I for one am very much looking forward to it, and will happily pay $19.95 for it on day 1! (Would love to beta test it if you need more feedback on that front too).

I signed up at the Vyzor forums the other day so I'll take any other related questions over there :-)

badseed

filosofem
03-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Yeah I too will be paying the upgrade fee. USD $20 bucks for full functionality is a no-brainer.