PDA

View Full Version : full Level Question!

JordySimons
03-06-2011, 09:57 AM
Hey Venom users,

I noticed that the keys are always in Full Level,
Is this normal or is it possible to play the Single sound velocity sensitive??

Sorry for the Noob Question.....But i cant find it in the UG

Thanks already

guyinabearsuit
03-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Open Vyzex and go to the Global page. There you have the options for Velocity Curve: Low, Normal, High, Fixed

I had the opposite issue when I first hooked mine up, it was set to Low and wasn't as responsive as I liked. not sure if there's a way to set it without the software though.

Beatbode
03-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks thats something but still not the full level option.....
i actually mean the touch sensitive keys

In midi (for playing vst's)
Or in any Venom mode....when i touch the keys extreme softly it plays loud.

Or maybe its just not possible.
Please anybody?

Jared
03-08-2011, 06:59 PM
That's the velocity curve, it sounds like you have it set for Fixed, which will play full velocity (level) no matter how hard or soft you press the keys. Try selecting the normal curve:

Venom - Velocity Curves to adjust velocity response of the keyboard (http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=support.faq&ID=a758e184210e57eab2b87990c0fa6c48)

EnjoyRC
03-10-2011, 05:24 AM
Open Vyzex and go to the Global page. There you have the options for Velocity Curve: Low, Normal, High, Fixed
Thanks for sharing this bit of information. I never even looked at that parameter. I did notice that I have to really hit they keys hard to get to 127 velocities. (was watching it on a MIDI monitor). I'll have to check that setting tonight.

Beatbode
03-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Than i might have a bug,

because i know what velocity curve means or full level.
but still all my Multi's and Single patches play in full level, even when i use the editor to fix it to normal.

Can someone please test that on his own venom and reply...

Maybe its just bad luck for me.!

Beatbode
03-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I think i got it, its all in the pathes, there are just a few in bank b and c that plays velocity curve.
But still have a quesion about the editor update, anybody got errors in some DLL file by installing???

because i do..
Thanks members for the info and help btw