PDA

View Full Version : LOCAL ON - Always?

jetpacer
03-26-2011, 11:14 AM
Whenever I turn on and off my Venom, it resets my global setting of Local OFF to Local ON.
Other Global settings (that I have set) are retained after power off/on such as Midi channel and Midi Out - Key or Usb as well as all other global settings - except Local OFF. Note - I have set Local OFF thru the Venom's Key as well as Vyzex. It is getting to be a pain having to set the Local OFF every single time I use the Venom - which is always in my DAW.
Why does the Venom choose to default to Local On at power up and is this going to be addressed in the next O.S ?
Thanks

filosofem
03-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Post your Vyzex Venom Editor concerns at Vyzor (http://www.vyzor.com/support/viewforum.php?f=53).

jetpacer
03-26-2011, 12:02 PM
It's really not the Vyzex software issue - it's a hardware issue like I stated. Global Preference on the Keyboard - Here's the Manual -

To toggle Local Control On or Off:
1 Press the Edit Button on the top panel of Venom.
2 Press the B-flat below middle C on the keyboard (indicated as “Local” by the Global Key Mapping above the
keyboard).
The LCD flashes “LOCAL OFF” or “LOCAL ON” to indicate the setting.

What I am saying is that when I power down and power up, this setting of Local OFF is not retained - the Venom always defaults to LOCAL ON when powering down and up.

filosofem
03-26-2011, 02:10 PM
Venom is a standalone performance keyboard and Local On is a prerequisite function and as such logically makes sense to default to Local On. My point though is when Venom is configured in a studio environment perhaps making Vyzex Venom Editor retain this setting could be a little more plausible.

jetpacer
03-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Well Understood. It's just that the other Global parameters that can be altered/set actually save that preference, even after power off/on. The Local ON is the only global parameter that overrides its selection on power off/on and absolutely Always defaults/returns to Local On. For some reason its selection is nnot saved to flash.
Making Vyzex retain this setting I guess would work, that is how I have my Vyzex set. But I do not always have Vyzex open, nor really care to have it running and using resources while using my DAW. i was just curious why the Local Off selection is not retained. Seems a bit odd to not include it being saved to flash like every other parameter. Never had a synth that was selective on what it saved to flash.

filosofem
03-26-2011, 08:01 PM
Perhaps it's a bit of hand-holding. ;)

jetpacer
03-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Maybe I should just control the Venom with the Axiom. Doh !!!

filosofem
03-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Just in case you have not caught up, Axiom series control over Vyzex Venom is limited. Full control is to be released as an upgrade Vyzor Venom Editor. Soon.

jetpacer
03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
That's good to hear Aaron. Hopefully it does happen soon, although the definition of what "soon" means to Vyzor may be different than yours and mine. All of us DSI Evolver users have been waiting on Psicraft's Vyzor's Evolver 2 software since 2008.