View Full Version : Firmware Update News Please!
06-16-2011, 09:19 AM
The waiting game is getting crazy boring Jared, come on, give us something!
06-21-2011, 10:46 PM
And don't forget the updated OSX drivers either!
I'm actually really disappointed in M-Audio / Avid - it feels like they rushed the product out the door and from my experience in product development they've probably reallocated the vast majority of the development team onto other projects. This leaves only a 'skeleton' crew for support (bug-fixing), and they are usually split between a number of projects.
06-22-2011, 01:14 PM
We are aware of these issues and are working on a fix. I'm sorry but that is all the information we can provide at this time.
06-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Much longer I am going to sell it, and warn everyone................ I knew I shouldnt have bought anything m-audio.
06-28-2011, 05:04 PM
Yep, it's getting close to breaking point now.
I've already warned 3 people about the clocking and OSX latency issues, and as a result NONE of them bought the Venom so it is costing M-Audio sales.
06-29-2011, 06:42 AM
I want so badly to be able to use my Venom live and synced, but can't with cofidence! This sucks and I'm on the fence about selling too.
06-29-2011, 09:43 AM
yup, I don't really want to take the monetary hit on selling it used, but I will if things dont change soon
07-13-2011, 04:53 PM
C'mon M-Audio, please get your act together and either give us an update or release the software update(s).
Your silence is deafening...
07-14-2011, 10:23 AM
The music stores in Toronto dont stock these anymore, even the store i bought it from has stopped carrying them. Wake up m-audio! Don't release half baked projects if you dont want backlash from the user base and retailers.
Then again if you fix this stuff then all these negative comment posts will disappear, i'll go back to being a customer who extols the virtues of your products and i can stop feeling like i'm wasting my time and hard earned dollars on gear whose makers don't seem to care enough to even bother addressing the community with anything more than a cursory pat on the head.
Call me spoilt by the typically attentive ios app developer community, but by all indications it would appear that m-audio really doesn't care about the users of its first (and possibly last if the Venoms issues get out) hardware synth. At first i could understand that the bureaucracy of a large corporation like avid could tie up news in red tape for the mods of the forum, but they should pass this thread on to their superiors and see how the upper level managers would approach this, I'd bet it wouldnt be a robotic BS response like we've been getting. And if their response would be "eff the venom community, they can wait" then i'll be putting all my m-audio gear on craigslist ASAP and investing in kit hardware where the creators give a damn.
FIX THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I need the midi timing on all levels to work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much longer do we have to wait !!!!!!!!!!!
I dont think I added enough Explanation marks!!!!!!!!!!!
08-01-2011, 06:27 AM
So close to selling this. If I'm done sampling all the sounds and still no update, IT'S GONE, along with all respect for M-Audio.
BTW I didn't buy a Fast Track Pro because I didn't want to have to deal with more headaches like this! More business lost.
08-01-2011, 08:21 AM
I bought my Venom about 2 months ago, and I've run into all of the major issues reported in this forum. I think a simple response on this forum from M-Audio would help. I'm worried that support is dropped since I have not seen a response from M-audio for a while on these threads . A tentative time frame would also help our frustrations .
08-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Well, I've given up.
I'll still maybe hold onto the venom and mess around with it from time to time, but got myself a Nord Stage 2 over the weekend so that'll be the basis of my live rig :-)
Best of luck getting M-Audio to get their product to a decent level of quality.
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
They have enough time to work on new products like this shyte (http://shop.avid.com/store/product.do?product=307444242602784) but can't program a firmware update! M-Audio blows and I'm telling everyone that now!
09-08-2011, 01:24 PM
We empathize deeply with the pain expressed in this thread. To ensure such issues are reduced going forward,
I'd like to invite everyone on this thread to join the Venom Beta Team. (http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?30947-Venom-Beta-Invite)
Your contributions to Beta will help shape forthcoming maintenance updates.
Firmware Version 1.15.4 is now available.
• Known Issue: After installing Venom Firmware Update 1.0.13, the initial launch of Pro Tools 8.0.5 may throw an error dialog stating that Pro Tools cannot find the Venom hardware. Quitting and restarting Pro Tools 8.0.5 will resolve the problem.
• Known Issue: Vyzez Editor Error Message “There are no drivers in M-Audio.ini to load!” To resolve this issue, please ensure you are using the latest version of Venom Vyzez Editor for your operating system. http://www.vyzor.com/
• Known Issue: Venom is currently incompatible with USB 3.0 ports. Please use USB 2.0 ports to connect Venom to your system.
• Installer Launcher now kills task bar applett prior to launching the msi Installer which eliminates issues with quitting the applett before uninstalling or repairing.
• Fixed Inconsistencies with Firmware Updater.
• MIDI Sync Improved – Previously, Venom spent too much time processing and re-processing incoming MIDI clocks. Now Venom responds to timing information immediately.
• Encoder Response Improved – Performance Control knob turns are smoother, while actually optimizing and reducing the density of MIDI controller messages sent.
• MIDI Messages – Improved several issues related to communicating with the Vyzex Venom sound editor software.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10 Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.