PDA

View Full Version : Can't Store Multi or Single in Bank A

cattivo
06-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Is there something I am missing - I'm new to programming this board - though not at all new to synths.

Both in the Vyzex editor and on the Venom standalone - I can't save programs in bank a.
In SINGLES - for example, if I modify Program 000 Bank A (venomous) - then press "Store", I only have bank options C and D.

in MULTIS - for example, if I modify Program 000 (stingray) - then press "Store", I only have bank option B

are the Singles in Bank A and B not editable? And same with the Multis in bank A?

a further question - are there any BLANK programs where I can store custom patches in single or multi - or do I always have to overwrite an existing one?

Thanks!

filosofem
06-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Multi Program Bank A is Factory that can not be overwritten and Multi Program Bank B is User and can be overwritten. Single Program Banks A and B are Factory and Banks C and D are User. The same applies to Patterns. Banks A are Factory and B is User.

If you don't want to overwrite Multi Program Bank B or Single Program C and D or Pattern Bank B create a new Set file. Here any changes made can be saved to this new Set file without saving over the Factory default Set file.

cattivo
06-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Thanks again Aaron - I don't see this information anywhere in the manual - so I appreciate you filling me in.

filosofem
06-26-2011, 12:44 PM
Vyzex Venom User's Guide Manual v1.11
- 'Multi File Notes Command Buttons' Page 27
- 'Working with Single Bundle Files in Multi Part Editors' Page 28

cattivo
06-26-2011, 09:28 PM
thanks perhaps I have an outdated manual - those page numbers don't respond to what you mentioned in mine.
either way - thanks again for the help.