PDA

View Full Version : Dead venom- only lasted 6 months

renegadealien
01-14-2012, 08:42 PM
My M-audio venom died. Only lasting 6 months.
M-audio charges 15 dollars to speak to their tech support.
I have no problem with that after a warranty is up but m-audio warrants the venom for a full year.
Im going to still pay to get this issue resolved . But I feel any great company should not charge to speak to tech support.

Jared
01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Venom. A support code is NOT required to contact US tech support for hardware repairs. Customers outside of the US should contact the dealer where the device was purchased for assistance with warranty repairs.

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=414471

renegadealien
01-17-2012, 12:56 PM
My M-audio venom died. Only lasting 6 months.
M-audio charges 15 dollars to speak to their tech support.
I have no problem with that after a warranty is up but m-audio warrants the venom for a full year.
Im going to still pay to get this issue resolved . But I feel any great company should not charge to speak to tech support.

So I contacted tech support. They are going to refund my money on the purchase of the code. Yet they still want the consumer to pay for shipping back. I once again have no problem with that. I just wish this process would be a little faster. After speaking with Christopher Tongol of avid/ m-audio i still feel very confused by their process of help. Instead of working over the phone with all the proof of purchase they then wanted to work by email. First they want you to contact them with $15 dollar code you have to purchase just to work with tech support. About one minute into the conversation he wanted to direct me to online email support. He then tells me I will be able to use my new purchased code on other problems I may have in the near future. (Being i did not need it for warranty support). Now im left with doing it all online to get the proper RMA number. This now is all done and the waiting game begins once again for them to respond with the RMA number. Look the bottom line is I have worked in studios and gear for years and this product lived a short life. No speedy response or is this just how M-audio responds to dead equipment. Still no Email back from M-audio. Starting to think that this could be a lost cause.

mandykk
01-17-2012, 10:47 PM
No worries, I know how frustrating it is when things don't work, or freeze. If it happens again, let us know exactly what you were doing when it happened. There have only been a handful of reports of this, and we haven't been able to reproduce it in our testing yet, but it is something we are continuing to investigate.

renegadealien
01-18-2012, 01:42 AM
All i was doing was turning my mac on to run ableton to start producing some new music. The last item i turned on was the venom. Nothing, no response. It's like it died over night. I have gear from way back in the 90's that still runs like a champ. I have been a fan of m-audio for years. I just want to get this resolved. Tech support still has not emailed me back. I have all the proper proof of sales and the item is still in warranty. It's really frustrating to be bounced back and fourth and have no help on their side.

renegadealien
01-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Still no E-mail response from M-audio about the RMA Number.

So I called them for the third time. Third time is the charm. They sent RMA Number after I wanted to speak with a supervisor. Six emails, three phone calls later. Venom is now in route to.

Test Technology Inc

So we will see how this process goes. If this is anything like their tech support. We will be in for a bumpy ride. If all goes well I hope to have my Venom back soon.

I will keep everybody updated .

renegadealien
01-28-2012, 06:41 PM
Still worst customer service none to man.

Still no refund on ASC even after they said they would. 15 plus E-mails.

Venom has been sent and received yet no response from avid.

Tracking shows it .

Starting to feel more fearful with the outcome of sending my synth to them.

After countless E-mails they now think issue has been resolved. yet they email me back with response on certain items.

Last item i ever purchase from them. In the works writing article to major music magazine on best customer and worst service. looks like avid is on the way to being worst.

Jared
01-30-2012, 12:36 PM
Click on my name in this post to send me a private message with your case # or RA# and I can look into this for you.

renegadealien
02-09-2012, 06:50 AM
well i got my venom back a few days ago. First thing i noticed was the sound coming out of the right stereo channel was not equal volume to the left channel. Second when scrolling thru presets it would freeze up and the venom would have to be rebooted. Did a factory reset on the unit. This helped with the presets from freezing. The only way i could fix the lack of volume was by adjusting the master fader on the mixer to compensate for the lack of volume . This being said I had a very horrible time with warranty repair and i know Im in a losing battle with them. Just got the refund on the RSA today. This process only took weeks same as with the venom repair and status update. one finale note. When i sent the unit back for repairs the unit was dead but the keys were in great working order. Now i have one key that sounds and feels different then all the other keys. ( in the end i have learned that Avid/ M-audio has some of the worst customer service i have ever dealt with and this will be my last product from them.)

In response to referral of this company buyer beware- Product and tech support are lacking.

The only help I had was from jared the moderator on this site. Once again thank you jared.