PDA

View Full Version : How to record venom sounds in garageband?

Markpg101
03-12-2012, 09:06 AM
I have a macbook pro 2ghz 4gig. I loaded up garageband and the venom plays the garageband instruments like piano, strings...how can i record the venom synth sounds on my garageband track?

Jared
03-13-2012, 08:33 AM
You have to select the Venom as the audio device in GarageBand's preferences, then create a real instrument track and Venom 's sounds will be recorded from inputs 1/2.

Markpg101
03-13-2012, 08:41 PM
One question regarding the real instrument track. When I open garageband and select new project, I was wondering of which one of the following choices do I select? Piano, electric guitar, vocals, loops,keyboard collection, acoustic instrument, songwriting, podcast or movie. I tried selecting each one but for some reason it still doesn't work.

Markpg101
03-14-2012, 06:10 AM
I figured it out. I set up the my instrument is connected with m- audio venom, I also created real instrument but still no sound from my venom. Instead, my venom synth keyboards sounds has some delays when I play the synth. When I also use garageband as my sounds like piano, strings... my sustain pedal doesn't work. I checked the sustain pedal settings at the bottom left of the garageband window and it doesn't show any connection as well as the pitch bend and modulation configurations.

Gothboy
04-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Although I don't use Garageband(even though I have it) I don't believe you can use hardware synths with it as it has no external midi though you could just record audio right out of it. I could be wrong but that's what I heard.