PDA

View Full Version : Can't get midi to play bak through Venom

Gothboy
04-02-2012, 01:27 PM
I'm so far a happy new owner of an Maudio Venom. However, that said my first day with it was a bit problematic. I installed the latest driver and ran the firmware updater, got it working with the editor then fired up Ableton Live and using Venom as both an interface and instrument and the external instrument device on a midi track recorded a nice bass part in a clip....then couldn't get the clip to play back through the Venom.....spending the rest of the afternoon spinning my wheels trying to figure what the issue was and finally giving up after trying every possible option on the track in Live. I had everything set up correctly in the Live Preferences with the Venom midi track options on....I could play in the notes...just couldn't route them back out to hear it back. There was no track levels on playback.

So assuming that all I need do is use the usb cable midi and audio is there an example explanation or video or post that will show me how to do this?
Oh I also use Pro Tools 8 LE can I also just use a usb cable to do this or do I have to use the audio outputs and a midi cable due to the fact that my 002R is proprietary to the software?
Thanks!

Jared
04-03-2012, 11:18 AM
In Live's MIDI preferences, make sure Track is also turned ON for the Venom's MIDI output. This should allow you to route your MIDI tracks back to Venom. You will then need an audio track setup to record the audio from Venom.

The Venom will work as a USB MIDI Controller with Pro Tools LE, but in order to record Venom's audio in PTLE you will need to record Venom's output through your 002R.

Gothboy
04-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Jared

Thanks with your help I've got it all set up thank you!