Fast Track pro, Vista, midi latency issue

Thread: Fast Track pro, Vista, midi latency issue

Default Fast Track pro, Vista, midi latency issue

Hi guys,
    Ive got one of those annoying latency issues I just cant seem to fix. Ive tried everything from buffer sizes, driver updates, tweaking vista to work with audio and im still gettin latency. I'd say the latency was about 100mls.
    Anyway my setup is, Keyboard -> fast track pro in -> Vista 32-bit laptop (core 2 duo 2.4, 4Gb ddr3) using Propellerhead Reason 4.0.
    If anyone has any suggestions on how I can ge the latecy down to barely nothing, it would be greatly apreciated!
    Thanks,
    Dan.

Hey Danhogg,
    I have the same issue and almost the exact same setup, except I am running a Toshiba Satellite which has a dual-core 1 processor and I am using Sonar 7. I have no issues with my interface EXCEPT this one and it is infuriating. I have so many nice soft-synths I'd like to be able to use, but the latency does not allow me to do so in time. I have tried adjusting through the ASIO panel in Sonar and this does nothing. I have also tried all the avenues you have listed, including turning the latency control all the way down to 128, but when using Midi, this does not eliminate or even help with the latency. Someone please help before I lose my mind! Thanks so much. And danhogg, please let me know if you figure anything out in the meantime. Thanks a lot.

danhogg,

Are you using the ASIO driver in Reason?

The problem could be caused by a resource conflict with other onboard devices on your computer. Try disabling all Bluetooth, wireless and network controllers on your computer. If you have a webcam, try disabling it.

Check out the USB Audio Troubleshooting Guide for solutions to common USB audio problems.

I cannot speak for danhogg, but in my case, I have no wireless utilities running, no webcam activated and usually record with wifi disabled, but the problem persists.
    The driver is great for everything but this and I really expected to be able to record Midi with it, since I have NO latency issues with anything else, at all. I appreciate the reply so far, but unfortunately I have to ask for further assistance because this is not helpful in my particular case. Again, I am using Sonar 7 and the Asio panel seems to have no affect on the behavior of the driver, only the m-audio control panel does. The latency is set as low as possible, but when recording Midi, there is significant latency which inhibits me from recording anything in time. Please help! This is the only problem I have, but it is holding my operation back considerably, as well as my business. Any further thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Are you able to test the MIDI with any other application than Sonar? I just don't trust Sonar as an accurate test.

Thanks for the replies guys.
    Are you using the ASIO driver in Reason?
    Yep
    The problem could be caused by a resource conflict with other onboard devices on your computer. Try disabling all Bluetooth, wireless and network controllers on your computer. If you have a webcam, try disabling it.
    I had tried disabling my wireless connection but not bluetooth or the webcam, ill give it a shot. Thanks.

I have run a few of my midi plug-ins in a stand-alone mode and have the same issue! Please help. This is the ONLY problem I have with this interface, but it is a sizable issue. Thanks.

Does this happen with any application other than Sonar?

I have the same problem... with Reason and Cubase...
    it is strange that if I play my midi keyboard passing through the pc there is no latency... [in other words, I set my keyboard in "MIDI OUT" mode, but I enable the MIDI IN port... I play, the notes are sent to the Seqeuncer and then are sent back to my synth that produces the sounds]...
    PLEASE HELP US!!!!!
    [I have: ASUS F5SL series notebook, cpu duo t5750, 4gb ram, VistaPremium]
    ...sorry for my bad english

Are you saying that there is only latency when virtual instruments are producing the sound? What M-Audio audio interface are you using? Make sure you have the ASIO driver selected in the software. Try lowering the latency/buffer setting in the software.