Connecting Mixer to Fast Track Pro

Thread: Connecting Mixer to Fast Track Pro

Smile Connecting Mixer to Fast Track Pro

Hi, FTP works great, but I just got a Mackie 802 mixer and I can't seem to connect the tracks from my software (sonar 8 ) mixer to the Mackie mixer using FTP as the interface.

Here's what I did :
    I connected a red / white RCA cord from the Mackie Tape In to the Fast Track Pro s/pdif 3 4 output.

Then a red / white RCA cord from the Mackie Tape Out to the Fast Trac Pro mic/inst 1 with a Y Adapter for the 1/4" connecter.

Now I set the Input for the MIDI and Audio tracks in Sonar 8 (mixing software) to Left M-Audio USB ASIO Line in 1 Fast Track Pro.

I then set the Audio and MIDI tracks output to M-Audio USB ASIO S/PDIF 3/4 Fast Track Pro.

Now I can hear the playback and use the control room / submix and headphones volume but I cannot control the tracks themselves ( the gain, eq, level, solo, etc... nothing works.... if I set a track to solo then there is no playback ).

So my goal is to control the tracks with the Mackie mixer instead of using the music software ( Sonar 8 ) using Fast Track Pro as the interface.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stickfly112 View Post
    I connected a red / white RCA cord from the Mackie Tape In to the Fast Track Pro s/pdif 3 4 output.
    You need to connect to the RCA Line outputs 1 and 2, not the SPDIF

Then a red / white RCA cord from the Mackie Tape Out to the Fast Trac Pro mic/inst 1 with a Y Adapter for the 1/4" connecter.
    You need to connect to inputs 1 and 2 to maintain your stereo input.

Now I set the Input for the MIDI and Audio tracks in Sonar 8 (mixing software) to Left M-Audio USB ASIO Line in 1 Fast Track Pro.
    If you're recording from a Mixer like this, you should have a stereo input.

I then set the Audio and MIDI tracks output to M-Audio USB ASIO S/PDIF 3/4 Fast Track Pro.
    Assign this to Line 1/2.

Default FTP to Berhinger mx802A mixer

Hi im trying to connect my mixer to FTP but I have no clue how to do this. I will be using the mixer to record drum tracks and i also wish to use FTP to record in addition.

ohirris,

You should start a new thread for this issue and include a description of the mixer you plan to use.

Default M-Audio Audiophilie USB with Mackie 1202 VLZ Pro

Hi.I have a MACKIE 1202 VLZ mixer hook-up to a M-Audio Audiophile USB Soundcard AND Soundcard to Mixer with ALT 3-4 Bus ( as per page 6 this URL http://www.mackie.com/pdf/vlzproseries_hu.pdf ).The subgroup (ALT 3-4) connects to the soundcard line in. The soundcard line out connects to channel line inputs. My monitors go to the CONTROL ROOM OUTS. The problem is I cannot record my keyboard or guitar or microphone or any AUDIO into Ableton LIVE 7 with this HOOK UP. If I connect any AUDIO source directly into the M-Audio soundcard, then I can record into live. I'm suppossed to press the ALT 3-4 button on the mixer to send the channel to the soundcard, which I tried but ABLETON does not recognize the AUDIO source. Any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciate. Thanks

how do i start a new thread, ive been wanting to do that but i have no clue.

Here is a step by step for Ableton Live.
    a. Launch Ableton Live
    b. Click on the Options menu
    c. Click on Preferences
    d. Click on Audio
    e. Set the Driver Type to ASIO and Audio Device to M-Audio USB ASIO
    f. Close the Preferences
    g. Click on the View menu
    h. Make sure that In/Out has a checkmark in front of it.
    I. Go to the first channel which should be labeled "1 Audio". Locate the section labeled "Audio From"
    j. Click on the record enable button at the bottom of the channel. The button has a black circle in the middle of it and the button will become red when you click on it.
    l. If you test you audio from the mixer, you should now see both the left and right channel meters moving.

ohirris,

Click the New Thread button at the top of the USB forum threads page.