Fastrack Pro & MXL 990 no signal

Thread: Fastrack Pro & MXL 990 no signal

Default Fastrack Pro & MXL 990 no signal

ive read heaps of these threads and i dont know whether i am panicking or whether there is really a problem

i bought a mxl 990 and mxl 991 condenser mic yesterday, neither of which are working. they are connected via male/female xlr with phantom power turned on, on the fastrack pro.

is there a specific type of XLR wire that is required to work with phantom power?

i have 2 XLR wires and 2 mics tried interconnecting the two and still no luck.

ive tried both the inserts of the mic input on the f.track pro and my output is 1 and 2 rca output at the back of the unit connected to my monitor speakers.

PLZ HELP

my setup is a desktop pc 2gb ram, fastrack pro connected directly to a gigabyte motherbord via usb, intel core 2 duo

No, those cables should be working just fine. Did you make sure the Phantom power is on and the input gain knob is turned up almost all the way? did you make sure the PAD isnt pressed in and the line is set to Mic input? If you turn the "MIX" knob left, the fast track should play directly into your monitors. Try any of those and double check.
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro
    Windows 7 x64 | Intel Wolfdale E6300 Dual Core @ 3.0ghz | 4GB Ram
    Adobe Audition | FL STUDIO

What recording software are you using? If you turn the mic gains up all of the way, does the green signal LED light up on the front of the Fast Track Pro when you talk into the mic?

im having the exact same problem, did you just get yours? My came in the mail on Wednesday, maybe we got a bad batch. I do all the right things but no sound. I'll unplug the 990, and plug in my sm58 and it works fine. I noticed my mic doesn't have the little cartoid symbol on it, dunno. I may send it back if I can't figure it out soon - seems to just not work.
    Make/Model: MAC PPC G4 Dual 867mhz
    Operating System: OSX 10.4.11
    Processor: PPC
    RAM: 1.5G
    M-Audio Devices & Driver Versions:
    Fast Track Pro
    Axiom Pro 49

Do you have the 48v phantom power turned on? Are you connecting the mic with a proper XLR-XLR mic cable?

Default A proper XLR-XLR mic cable

I'm using a cable that works with my SM58 - is there another type of cable that I should be using with this new mic?
    Fast Track Pro
    Axiom Pro 49

You need to be using a standard XLR-XLR microphone cable. One end should have 3 pins and the other end should be able to connect to those 3 pins.

Oh shoot......i'm feeling pretty dumb. I'm using an xlr to 1/4" and plugging that into the FTP - I never even noticed you could also plug an xlr female into the same place......thanks for everything - now I gotta return the mic cord for the right one. Peace Beto
    Fast Track Pro
    Axiom Pro 49

i have the same problem.but i have the right cables and everything else but its not working

With the FTP, I have found that in order to use phantom power that you may need to use a powered USB hub
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.