using the Audiophile 192 mixer

Thread: using the Audiophile 192 mixer

Default using the Audiophile 192 mixer

Hello,

I love my Audiophile 192 but I cannot figure out how to use the mixer correctly! I have been a musician for many years and used plenty of mixers but I am new to all of this PC business. The manual is no help either. It actually is one of the WORST manuals I have ever seen but anyways...

I have my PC speakers connected to the SP/DIF output and all of my audio sounds great. Simple enough. Now, however, I have installed Guitar Pro 5 and I cannot figure out how to hear it! When I run the program I can hear the acoustic guitar intro fine. When I load a song file, however, I get nothing. No sound at all!

When I check the M-Audio mixer while the intro is playing, it shows that I am getting a signal in spdif rtn (in the main mixer tab) and also in spdif out (in the output tab). Trying to quickly change the level of spdif rtn does nothing to either the signal or the volume. The spdif out doesn't have a fader either. None of the other faders change the volume either.

Now, when I load a song file, it shows a strong level in the sw 1/2 rtn (mixer) and also in the 1/2 out (output), but no signal in the spdif out (output) so, alas, no sound!!! I really don't understand this (and why there isn't a fader on the output either?). I'm pretty sure I have all of the audio routed correctly in the Guitar Pro options. I have the device set as the Delta AP MIDI, the instrument Patch as General MIDI and the MIDI Input as Delta AP MIDI. Also, in the RSE settings I have audio as ASIO Low Latency and sound card as M-Audio Delta ASIO.

I also have my Mackie DFX-6 connected into the Main L/R to hear my Strat and that runs through my PC speakers as well (until I buy an amp for my passive monitors). No problem hearing that, however. When I load Amplitube Fender it shows the signal through my 1/2 in AND the spdif rtn (mixer) and also in the 1/2 in (input) and spdif out (output). This I pretty much understand, even though I can't adjust the signal here. It's just the Guitar Pro that I can't wrap my head around.

Could someone please try to help me with this (ask anything else you need to) and/or maybe lead me to a REAL manual that shows how to configure and use this CP correctly (all of the mutes and solos, output sources etc.)? Also, I have heard people discussing a patchbay as well. My M-Audio Control Panel does not have a patchbay??? I love the card and the sound I am getting, but trying to figure out this CP might not be worth it if I can find a similar card that is easier to route. Or maybe I need to ask at the Guitar Pro software forums seeing as I don't have a problem hearing my audio through my Mackie mixer?

Thanks for reading my long post and any help is appreciated.

Strat
    Xoxide X-Purity EXE Edition Case
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P rev. 1.1
    Intel Core2 Duo E8400 3000 MHz
    Windows 7 Ulitmate 64 Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
    GSkill F2-6400CL5 4G (1G x 4)
    ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 4770
    M-Audio Audiophile 192 (S/PDIF)
    Mackie DFX-6 (6 Channel Integrated Live Sound Mixer)
    Alesis RA-100 Power Amplifier
    Celestion 5 passive studio monitors (90W)

Well, before anyone replies, I figured it out, lol! It WAS in the Guitar Pro settings after all. It was using the MIDI settings and not the RSE (realistic sound engine). All is well.

I still would like to know why my CP doesn't have a patchbay and if there is a more in-depth manual somewhere for all of the settings in the CP (solo, mute, output source, etc.)? Or has anyone written a better manual that's easier to follow? Thanks, guys.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Check out this FAQ explaining the new control panel interface: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...842fe26a5b6f81

JA,

Thanks for the link explaining the CP. However, it is not at all complete. It does not explain the spdif settings (mode, emphasis, data type, scms) or the other settings (disable asio direct monitoring and invert analog ins)? I find this very unsettling, quite frankly. When I purchase a $200 hardware product, I would expect a manual to cover EVERY function of said product, even if some settings are not applicable to my exact model.

Quote Originally Posted by stratman09 View Post
    JA,

Thanks for the link explaining the CP. However, it is not at all complete. It does not explain the spdif settings (mode, emphasis, data type, scms) or the other settings (disable asio direct monitoring and invert analog ins)? I find this very unsettling, quite frankly. When I purchase a $200 hardware product, I would expect a manual to cover EVERY function of said product, even if some settings are not applicable to my exact model.
    M Audio are absolute crap when it comes to this sort of thing, they sell you a audio interface with a manual that bears no resembelance to the product they sold you, when you go on their website to get an updated version you find there isnt one, then you have to sift through the user forums (of all places) in the hope of finding out some information about the product they sold you and what do you get........spot on - a hashed up version of another product (that is a bit like yours admittedly) that doesn't cover all the bases.
    As I said.....CRAP. This is the second M Audio product I've bought.......There wont be any more.

I feel bad for their support staff
    64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU E8500 @ 3.17 GHz
    4 GB of Ram
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro driver version 5.10.0.5134