Nrv10 and Ableton configuration

Thread: Nrv10 and Ableton configuration

Unhappy Nrv10 and Ableton configuration

Hi, I've some problem to configure Ableton with my Nrv10, I've maded the same thing who Paul have write in another threads, then, this:
    "Here is a step by step for Ableton Live.
    a. Launch Ableton Live
    b. Click on the Options menu
    c. Click on Preferences
    d. Click on Audio
    e. Set the Driver Type to ASIO and Audio Device to M-Audio FW ASIO
    f. Click on Input Config and enable your MONO inputs
    g. Click on Output Config and enable outputs 9/10 stereo
    h. Close the Preferences
    i. Click on the View menu
    j. Make sure that In/Out has a checkmark in front of it.
    k. Go to the first channel which should be labeled "1 Audio". Locate the section labeled "Audio From"
    j. Change 1/2 to 1 for input 1, or 2 for input 2, or 3 for input 3, etc...
    k. Click on the record enable button at the bottom of the channel. The button has a black circle in the middle of it and the button will become red when you click on it.
    l. If you test your mic, you should now see both the left and right channel meters moving."

Then, I've a Macbook pro 15'' with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and I've downloaded the last drivers for Nrv10 (for 64bit right?).
    I've made all the step above, but I've not ASIO on driver type, only Core Audio. Output 9/10 is not see by the Ableton's Master then I can not use the Main mix control for the master. All the knobs, level, effect, eq, don' work. At example if I change the volume on channel 1 I hear it on my monitors but have no effect on the Ableton recording, volume on track remein the same. Then I can use the Nrv10 only how a transit from the Mac and the monitor......
    I hope to have explain my problem right.
    Thanks so much
    Best regards
    Rave

Upgrade: I've reading on another thread to install the 10.6.2 upgrade combo, then I've made it, I've removed the drivers (but the plug in I've to remove it manually your software don't have removed) installed the upgrade, meded the repair permissions and now... don't work anything, no sound out from the mixer no sound in! And I've to work. Please reply to my problem asap. Thanks
    Last edited by Rave; 12-18-2009 at 10:53 AM.

ASIO drivers are for a PC, Core Audio is for Mac.

How many outputs are listed in the output configuration of Ableton Live when the NRV10 is selected as the device? You need to select NRV Multichannel as the audio device and then set 9/10 as the output for your master channel.

Hi, now I can not connected for make a screen capture, then on device selection there's "Nrv10 Multichannel (10in/10out)", if I selected "show pairs are single device" on M-Audio utility there are all the single channel, then the firewire for the device seems work. On input I've selected all the mono channel exept the 9 and 10, and the stereo channel 5/6 and 7/8. On output the channel stereo 9/10. No works. If I change the output on 7/8 I hear the master channel of ableton on 7/8 but not the single channel 1,2 etc., in this case I've tried to use a microphone on channel 1 nothing, for hear that I've to put the mic gain at maximum volume and use the 7/8 slide for ear it from the channel 1, another strange is who I use the cue for exclude the monitors I've to make channel 7/8 on mute/cue and use the slide of the 7/8 and the slide of the cue for hear something.... and mic is on channel 1 all that in main mix mode, if I change on cue mode nothing else, no sound from cue but only from monitor and very less.
    And obviously all the change of volume in mixer don't have effect on Ableton.
    Another problem is the Nrv10 interFx I've tried to see if can be usefull for my problem but after installing it don't want to open, crash immediatly.
    Macbook Pro 15'' Snow Leopard 10.6.2 , 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo, Ram 4gb, Firewire 800, Nrv10 Mixer 1.9.3 drivers, Launchpad, Roland MkII Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.1

Assign the output in Live to 9/10. Then turn up the FW 9/10 to CTRL Room knob and turn up the control room fader. Connect your speakers to the Control Room output on the back of the NRV-10 and everything should work fine.

The NRV-10 InterFX is not supported on Snow Leopard.

Hi, sorry for the late respond but some family problem stop my work. Then with the monitor on the control room and the master channel of ableton on 9/10 work fine with cr fader, but not the channels faders, all the volume of any single channel are controlled by the cr fader and not owns. And no change on the records, the use of the nerv10 effect to don't be recorded on ableton too.
    Macbook Pro 15'' Snow Leopard 10.6.2 , 2.4GHz Intel Core Duo, Ram 4gb, Firewire 800, Nrv10 Mixer 1.9.3 drivers, Launchpad, Roland MkII Keyboard, Ableton Live 8.1

The effects application (NRV-10 InterFX) is a stand alone application and will not work with Ableton Live.

The channel faders are used for stand alone mode or for direct monitoring of an input signal. You can use them as software returns, but then you need to assign the outputs of each of the channels in Ableton Live to a different channel on the mixer.

"The channel faders are used for stand alone mode or for direct monitoring of an input signal. You can use them as software returns, but then you need to assign the outputs of each of the channels in Ableton Live to a different channel on the mixer."
    Is what I'd do, any synth one channel and in ableton any track one channel (1-2-3- mono) but single channel faders don't works in control room mode.

Are you trying to record the hardware effects into Ableton Live? Are you trying to put this effect on a prerecorded track or on a track that you are recording?

To record the hardware effects you need to record inputs 9 an 10 into Ableton Live (the Main Outputs). However, this does record everything assigned to the Main Output.

Hi, ok if I assign the 9/10 channel on a ableton live track records the hd effect. But remain the problem of the faders who don't work in control room mode for any channel. And if I use the main output for the master don't work in ableton then Ive to use control room

Why are you running channels to the control room output? For direct monitoring? Anything sent to the Main output fader also goes to the control room output?