driver installation error 2753, can't install latest driver
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: driver installation error 2753, can't install latest driver

Unhappy driver installation error 2753, can't install latest driver

"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing the package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The errorcode is 2753."

this occurs time after time when i try to install the latest driver. the wizard closes, and mentions that my system has not been modified, which is NOT true. my old driver does not work any longer and i have no sound.

i have tried twice to re-download the installer package. i have tried restart, and then directly install. i have turned off firewalls, etc.

i run windows vista 32, all the latest updates have been installed.
    previously everything worked, i have been using this soundcard + setup for years.

the card is an audiophile 2496.

Same thing here!
    Asus A8N-E, XP Pro SP3, Athlon 64x2 4800+, 3Gb RAM, Maxtor 80Gb, Seagate 500Gb, Seagate 160Gb, Delta 1010LT, Midisport 8x8/s, Pro Tools M-Powered v8

M-audio used to have solid drivers before...now it's just crap!
    Asus A8N-E, XP Pro SP3, Athlon 64x2 4800+, 3Gb RAM, Maxtor 80Gb, Seagate 500Gb, Seagate 160Gb, Delta 1010LT, Midisport 8x8/s, Pro Tools M-Powered v8

I'm having the same problem. Everything was fine until I tried to update, now it seems I can only return to a version thats rather old (the old gui). Can't find the Delta drivers in the windows add and remove programs page. I need to get this fixed as quickly as possible. M-Audio--HELP! Edit, also can anyone tell me the latest version number of the control panel ? In trying to update the driver, I have been left with an old version of the control panel. EDIT: I found a solution for this on another thread, and now I can't find the thread. In essence the new installer is not thoroughly removing all of the old application.You have to manually remove all references to delta in Windows system 32 folder--worked for me.
    Last edited by Milt; 12-27-2009 at 09:10 AM.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Uninstall the drivers, then go to C:\Windows\system32 and delete any remaining Delta files (related to M-Audio), then re-install the driver.

JA,

is this also the solution for my problem? sounds like you're only addressing the old control panel problem.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Yes, this has been the solution for users reporting the 2753 error.

What driver version did you have installed previously? Did you manually uninstall this driver before attempting to install the latest driver? Or did you receive this error when attempting to run the new driver installer for the first time (which should prompt you to remove the previous driver)? Or were you able to uninstall the previous driver by running the new driver, and did you then receive the error upon attempting to install this latest driver?

i did not uninstall this (dont know how to do this best) and i'm pretty sure the installer of the new one did not prompt me to do this. i just did run the new installer and it gave me the error.
    right now, i am running version 5069 again.
    what files exactly do i need to remove from C:\Windows\system32? i mean, how can i tell what files belong to the delta drivers?

btw. the reason i wanted to install the latest driver, is an issue i have since the vista/m-audio combination: sound just stops working seemingly at random. the 'time' slider wont even move in itunes. this seems to affect anything with sound, movies too. they play 2 seconds and then freeze. hopefully a clean-up will clear this often-occuring problem. otherwise i will search for/ create another topic for this.

thanks for the help.

Default manually deleting

JA,

i did as you told me. deinstalled driver, then manually deleted all the files (system32\delta* and sytem32\drivers\delta* and a file named pcifmdio.dll) and the installing the new software. strangely, now the installation told me it was removing previous installs. and then, it passed the trouble-point and installed properly. i had to reboot and then windows finished the install 'searching for drivers for device'. before the reboot only the panel was there but no audio device present in 'sounds'.

i seems i've also got rid of some crackles and skips that had bugged me since the failed install.

i hope the audio-freeze problem is now solved as well, fingers crossed! if not, i will report back to the forum.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gido View Post
    JA,

i did as you told me. deinstalled driver, then manually deleted all the files (system32\delta* and sytem32\drivers\delta* and a file named pcifmdio.dll) and the installing the new software. strangely, now the installation told me it was removing previous installs. and then, it passed the trouble-point and installed properly. i had to reboot and then windows finished the install 'searching for drivers for device'. before the reboot only the panel was there but no audio device present in 'sounds'.

i seems i've also got rid of some crackles and skips that had bugged me since the failed install.

i hope the audio-freeze problem is now solved as well, fingers crossed! if not, i will report back to the forum.

thanks.
    how the crap did you delete that pci dll file....ive tried for hours and cant get rid of it