M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 (Enigma with Windows 7 (64bit)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 (Enigma with Windows 7 (64bit)

Question M-Audio Axiom Pro 61 (Enigma with Windows 7 (64bit)

Is there going to be an update to the Enigma software to configure the Axiom pro 61 keyboard on Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)?

Currently, the software loads but the keyboard does not detect within the software and I cannot assign anything to presets and upload simply because the device doesn't recognize within the program. The keyboard itself works within Windows and my DAW's.

As a second question, I use the Axiom Pro 61 within FL Studio. I have my transport buttons mapped, works great. The only thing I've noticed is that when I assign a slider to a mixer slider in FL, the 100% notch is actually "103" on the LCD of the Axiom pro 61, instead of 100, is there a way to fix this through programming the device or is that an issue with FL Studio itself?

Thanks in advance.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro- 64 bit
    Processor: Intel Q6700
    RAM: 4Gb Ram
    Driver Information: M-Audio FastTrackUltra 6.0.2 BETA

Question

Enigma for Windows 7 users?

I'm attempting to use an Axiom 25 as a controller for PT8LE

My system is apparently TOO advanced for these products. My specs are sufficient, I assure you.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

The Axiom Pro is not supposed to work with Enigma. Enigma has been discontinued and there are no plans for any updates.

I'm not sure about the FL issue. Test with MIDI-OX and see if the faders on the Axiom Pro go from 0-127. You'll need to go to Options > Data Display and un-check the hex options so the data is displayed in standard numbers and not hex.

Although Enigma isn't supported on Windows 7, it works fine if you choose to run in compatibility mode for Vista SP2. The Axiom classic is not supported as a control surface in Pro Tools, however, you can get some basic functionality like volume and transport by going to Setup>Peripherals>MIDI Controllers. Select M-Audio Keyboard and set the Axiom as the send to and receive from ports. Click OK, then recall Preset 20 on the Axiom (make sure all groups are active).

Question

Quote Originally Posted by EOD View Post
    Is there going to be an update to the Enigma software to configure the Axiom pro 61 keyboard on Windows 7 (32 & 64 bit)?

Currently, the software loads but the keyboard does not detect within the software and I cannot assign anything to presets and upload simply because the device doesn't recognize within the program. The keyboard itself works within Windows and my DAW's.

As a second question, I use the Axiom Pro 61 within FL Studio. I have my transport buttons mapped, works great. The only thing I've noticed is that when I assign a slider to a mixer slider in FL, the 100% notch is actually "103" on the LCD of the Axiom pro 61, instead of 100, is there a way to fix this through programming the device or is that an issue with FL Studio itself?

Thanks in advance.

hey i have a axiom pro 49 and i cant figure out how to map the transport buttons to to fl studio 9 can some one please help me.

Default Same issue, but with Trigger Finger & Win7

I just picked up a Trigger Finger and was pretty excited at the programmability offered by the Engima interface, only to run into the same problem listed here - I run Windows 7, and though in Options -> MIDI Setup, it sees my Trigger Finger (And ProjectMix), it refuses to interact with them.

If Enigma is no longer going to be updated, what are the chances of going open source with it?

Those of us who keep using M-Audio products for more than a few years after they've been released would like to continue to operate them to their fullest capacity.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a librarian on par with Enigma? The range of things you can send is fantastic, but without Enigma it's pretty much impossible to program.

@Leviathant, are you running Enigma in compatibility mode for Vista SP2?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    @Leviathant, are you running Enigma in compatibility mode for Vista SP2?
    Yup, and after that I figured I'd run it in Compatibility Mode for each of the various versions of XP. I've switched it back to Vista SP2 compatibility, and currently have it set to run as Administrator. In Options --> MIDI Setup, I can see the Trigger Finger in the list, and I highlight it for both input and output. However, under Devices and Files, all the devices have blue indicators next to them. I wasn't really sure what was going on until I had a closer look at screen shots in related literature, and saw that when your device is active, there's an orange light/indicator/button next to it... that never happens for me.

Additionally, under Options, "Preferences" is grayed out, so I can't hide all the M-Audio equipment that I don't have, heh.

I should add that I've got a desktop with Win7 32-bit (and Visual Studio 2008), and a laptop with Win7 64-bit.

Thanks for the quick reply.
    Last edited by Leviathant; 09-13-2010 at 06:29 PM.

I just tested w/ a Trigger Finger on Win 7 64-bit, the device was recognized an I was able to download changes from the TF to Enigma, and I was able to make changes in Enigma and send them to the TF.

Options > Preferences is supposed to be grayed out. The Trigger Finger, when recognized, should appaer at the top of the Devices and Files box with a reddish box.w/ a dot.

Are you using the M-Audio driver or using it plug and play w/ the Microsoft drivers?

Test with the ProjectMix off, and make sure the Device Number in the MIDI Setup is 127.

Jared,
    I opened up Device Manager and opened up the driver details, then opened Enigma, figuring I'd take one big screenshot showing you how I've got everything set up right and it's still not working...

...and the computer went and made a liar out of me. Hahaha. I'm not really sure why it's working now, but it is, and thanks again for your help

It would still be neat if you could open-source Enigma, but I'm sure there are probably issues that make that impossible.

Too bad to hear that Enigma is discontinued. I am using Axiom Pro with PT9, and it is too bad. HyperControl always gets frozon within 5 or 10 minites.

One of reasons why I bought Axiom Pro is that I belive M-Audio devices are very familiar to PT because of the same AVID/Digidesign group company, but very disaponited at bad support.

I am looking forward to having a new patch or update for Axiom Pro for use with PT9.