USB Transit and Windows 7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: USB Transit and Windows 7

Unhappy USB Transit and Windows 7 32 bits

Hi,

I had xp and everything worked, the M Audio Transit delivered an incredible sound and adjusted itself with foobar2000 but since I installed windows 7 32 bits I'm unable to have it working properly .

I tried installing the recommanded driver : Transit_6_0_1_5_10_0_5131 it didn't work at all... Then I tried having windows solve it, it sent me to this driver :
    Transit_5_10_00_5125v3 (made for Vista) which I installed after removing the other one.

Ok, it works but it forces me to use 24 bits and not 16 bits as I'd like and 48 Khz output and it adjusts no more with foobar2000 when I play 44,1 Khz it's stuck at 48 Khz output not as it used to do O__o ???!
    And when I launch any graphics (games, windows interface etc) it starts making a terrible cracking noise... I tried compatibility solutions, XP SPO drivers... nothing working good >_<.

If you suceeded in making it work please help .... I'm hesitating reinstalling xp or using another audio device ...

Thank you,

Thib
    Last edited by thib; 01-04-2010 at 06:15 AM.

Up...

I have tried another solution which worked : I got to the material pannel, clicked on seek new drivers and I installed xp drivers by giving the M-Audio Install directory, it is not recognized anymore but at least no crackling, I can at least play games now... However the sound is incredibly high and as it doesn't see it plugged I cannot select 16 or 24 bits (and I don't know what's actually running) >_<.

I don't understand I didn't see anyone complaining about such troubles in Windows 7 32bits how did you make it then ?????!!!!! Please help ...
    Windows 7 32 bits Home Premium Build 7600
    M Audio Transit USB

hi,

i have almost the same problem, after windows 7 64 bit installed , together with the latest driver available on m-audio website.

More specifically, if I plug out the soundcard from my laptop and immediately plug it back in, is not working.

Can somebody help us?

regards,
    adrian

Thumbs up

I had a similar problem as you, the only difference being that only 44.1khz, 16bit would play for me. Came across someone saying the M-Audio tray icon was causing a problem, and that I should disable it via the Startup tab in msconfig. I tried that and voila, works like a charm at all settings now. So try that.

Thank you for your answers, CioCio your tip worked once then no more, I could have it working with a little help from my father, anyways, it's just not the same as it used to be... Seems like I'm stuck with my Realtek, it's the ALC882, it's working great on windows 7 I even have DD/DTS passthrough and settings for 16/24 bits 44,1 48 96 Khz but somehow it doesn't sound as good as the Transit... I'm actually wondering if the fact that there's no earthing (is that the correct word ?you know the thing to isolate different eletrical grounds or what) got to do with that, I'll be fixing that asap.
    I think I'm going to have the Transit on my brother's old laptop still working with XP to bring to university, so I can have an incredible sound with my Sennheiser CX550 earphones ^^. And I guess I should also try live lite...
    M Audio Transit USB

nobody can help us with our problem? (

I refuse to believe that we are the only owners, with windows 7 installed, having this problem. I subscribe Thib, because is such a pity to have this great device and not enjoy it's fidelity.

If I cannot solve this issue, I will write an e-mail to tech support of m-audio concerning this driver problem( i believe it's a driver issue).

thanks,
    adrian

adrian_ilie825,

You need to provide more system information. Please refer to this thread for the preferred means of providing this information.

By the way, let me give you my whole configuration too :

Version 6.1.7600 Number 7600
    Type X86
    Processor : Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.20GHz, 3211*MHz, 2 Cores, 2 processor
    BIOS/Date version : American Megatrends Inc. 0901, 15/12/2005
    Version SMBIOS 2.3
    Windows Directory : C:\Windows
    System Directory : C:\Windows\system32
    RAM : 2,00*Go
    Total memory : 2,00*Go
    Available physical memory : 1,04*Go
    Total virtual memory : 4,00*Go
    Available virtual memory : 2,67*Go

Anyways, as CioCio said I believe it's got to do with the soundcard's panel.

Thank you for your help Paul,

Thib
    Last edited by thib; 01-15-2010 at 06:17 AM.
    M Audio Transit USB

Hi Paul,

first, thanks a lot for trying to help us.

Configuration:

Make/Model: Notebook DELL STUDIO XPS 1340
    Operating System :WINDOWS 7 HOME PREMIUM, 64 BIT
    Processor: INTEL CORE DUO P7450 @ 2,13GHZ
    RAM: 4GB
    M-Audio Devices & Driver Versions: M-AUDIO USB TRANSIT, driver version Transit_6_0_1_5_10_0_5131

best regards,
    adrian

hi Paul, some news regarding our driver issue?

thanks,
    adrian