Fast Track Pro and Windows 7

Thread: Fast Track Pro and Windows 7

Default Fast Track Pro and Windows 7

Massive unhappiness!!! DJ/karaoke laptop (Sony Vaio) with Windows 7 Premium 64-bit. My Vista 64 laptop crashed and the new one came with 7. I have downloaded the latest Windows 7 64 driver and I get what looks like a working setup. However, I have 2 major issues. first, I only get sound out of one of the output channels,"line 1/2", "SPDIF (line 3/4)" doesn't put anything out unless I unplug "Line 1/2" completely. Makes it hard to separate the 2 DJ "decks" to a channel 1 and 2 on the mixer. I put a ticket in to "support" almost a month ago, with no reply yet, of course.

The second issue makes it hard for me to even keep using this device while I wait for a fix for the first issue. While running a show, every so often the sound from everything just quits. None of the audio works. If I switch the output back to laptop speakers, everything works, but put it back to the FTP Line 1/2, and I get nothing. Only a reboot fixes it. That's bad when you are working a public venue and you have a 5 to 10 minute dead time while the comp reboots and the programs all restart.

Anybody else have anything similar or have any tips for me to try? Bummer is, I just bought a second one as a backup in case anything happens to the primary, since I've been using this for a few years now with great results and stability.

You need to log into your incident in the M-Audio email support system to view the response.

What DJ software are you using? Exactly what kind of computer are you using? How often do you get these audio dropouts?

Interesting, I didn't realize that. I thought since it was called "email support" and I was asked for an email address to register, I would get an *email*. Didn't realize that I would have to log back in a check every day to see if I got a response to my *email support* ticket. Why do they call it that anyway?

I'll post it here and go there as well. The software doesn't matter since I lose *all* sound through the m-audio channels, even native windows sounds. But, for the record, Compuhost karaoke hosting software (V1.80.32), ClubDJ ProVJ (V4.4.3.3), and Rhapsody (latest version). The computer is a Sony Vaio Laptop (VGN-NW240F) with Win7 Home Premium factory installed. The sound cessations occur at random intervals 1 to 3 times in a 4 hour period. Last wednesday, we were going about an hour to 90 minutes before the first one, then another 45 minutes to an hour for the second drop. Some nights we go 3 hours and then have one, then finish the night. Once it happened 10 minutes before the end of the show. Seems to be getting worse though.

Set the power options in Windows 7 to High Performance. Either set all other power management utilities to high performance or disable them. What kind of processor does your laptop use?

Can you post a screenshot of the IRQ list for this computer?