How to: KeyRig 49 in Windows 7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to: KeyRig 49 in Windows 7

Default How to: KeyRig 49 in Windows 7

For those with problems with KeyRigs in Windows 7, check this out.

Alright, so when you plug in your keyboard the first time you will get an error message that looks like this:

Click "OK" and go into Control Panel. Then click "Device Manager". It should look something like this:

You'll see "KeyRig 49" in "Other Devices". Right click it and go to "Update Driver Software..."

On this screen, click "Browse my computer for driver software"

In the address bar of places to search, delete all but "C:\" and make sure "Include Subfolders" is checked. Click next (at the bottom).

After a few minutes of searching, you should get a message asking if you want to trust the driver software, as it's not signed. Pick whatever option is "Install the driver software anyway"

After another pause while the driver installs, it should succeed and if you go back into your Device Manager you should see KeyRig 49 under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers." If not, post on these forums and the helpful M-Audio staff (not me) will guide you through it.

You're welcome.

EDIT: After this, you should be able to plug it into any USB port and have it work after a short delay.
    Last edited by robert.may; 01-10-2010 at 11:15 PM.
    HP Elitebook 8530w
    -Core2Duo T9400 @ 2.53Ghz
    -4GB RAM
    -Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

-MBox 2
    -KeyRig 49

Reason 4.0
    ProTools LE 8

I'm having the exact same problem with my Axiom 49. Its weird because my laptop running Windows 7 works fine and detects the Axiom 49 but my desktop with PT does not ! I'll try this when I get home and update you, thank you

Default KeyRig 49 bunk in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by robert.may View Post

In the address bar of places to search, delete all but "C:\" and make sure "Include Subfolders" is checked. Click next (at the bottom).

After a few minutes of searching, you should get a message asking if you want to trust the driver software, as it's not signed. Pick whatever option is "Install the driver software anyway"

After another pause while the driver installs, it should succeed and if you go back into your Device Manager you should see KeyRig 49 under "Sound, Video, and Game Controllers." If not, post on these forums and the helpful M-Audio staff (not me) will guide you through it.

You're welcome.
    So I just got home with a spiffy brand new KeyRig 49 and plugged it into my brand new Windows 7 desktop to have it tell me that the operating system isn't supported, check back on the website periodically to see when/if it would ever be supported, etc. My initial shock turned to anger, and it has now turned into straight-up bewilderment at how a company like M-Audio can't keep up with an operating system that's been in the works for years and has been out for awhile now. I would assume it would be in M-Audio's best interest to have their products work with Windows 7. Call me crazy.

I tried the above recommendation. My question is: when you say to take out the string and just leave "C:" - are you having it find a driver that's just a generic USB Controller driver within Win7? When I try that, I get:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: The system cannot find the file specified." Then the only option it gives me is "Close."

When choosing "D:\Drivers" on the CD-ROM that comes with the KeyRig, it says: "Windows could not find driver software for your device." Really? In the "DRIVERS" folder you couldn't find driver software? Curious.

So I guess my only real question is: Does the KeyRig 49 work with Windows 7 or not? And if not, do I get to return the KeyRig and get my money back?

Thank you,

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by Kentalope View Post
    So I just got home with a spiffy brand new KeyRig 49 and plugged it into my brand new Windows 7 desktop to have it tell me that the operating system isn't supported, check back on the website periodically to see when/if it would ever be supported, etc. My initial shock turned to anger, and it has now turned into straight-up bewilderment at how a company like M-Audio can't keep up with an operating system that's been in the works for years and has been out for awhile now. I would assume it would be in M-Audio's best interest to have their products work with Windows 7. Call me crazy.
    You're not crazy, I agree. It's a tad ridiculous that a frustrated college student wrote the tutorial on how to fix it too, but I understand tech support being busy.

I tried the above recommendation. My question is: when you say to take out the string and just leave "C:" - are you having it find a driver that's just a generic USB Controller driver within Win7? When I try that, I get:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: The system cannot find the file specified." Then the only option it gives me is "Close."
    That's strange... I've installed mine on a few different Win7 systems now with no hitch. What version of Windows 7 is it? I have done it on all Professional Editions, maybe there are more uncommon drivers bundled with them? No clue.... sorry :/

So I guess my only real question is: Does the KeyRig 49 work with Windows 7 or not? And if not, do I get to return the KeyRig and get my money back?
    You'll have to give them a call about a refund if you really can't get it working, I'm just a college student with enough free time to write this out.

Good luck! And hopefully you get it working, it's a great little machine.
    HP Elitebook 8530w
    -Core2Duo T9400 @ 2.53Ghz
    -4GB RAM
    -Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

-MBox 2
    -KeyRig 49

Reason 4.0
    ProTools LE 8

its not working on my win 7 system... I need to win7 keyrig 49 driver.Anyone give me download link.

Well, i have to say I'm confused. I was worried that my friends keyrig 49 was not going to work with my Win7 computer at our studio - and I read this thread in preparation so that I could attempt to make it work once we were there.

In actual fact, I did not need to do anything at all to make the keyboard work. I simply plugged it in and it installed itself in just a few seconds. No driver required, no manual tinkering or tweaking of any kind. I plugged it in and it worked, simple as that.

I am running a 32 bit version of Win7 Ultimate.

I'm going to add my voice to this increasingly cacophonous chourus of "why won't keyrig 49 work!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!"

Is it compatible with Pro Tools LE on windows 7 or not?

Am I wasting my time and money?

-Very frustrated with this "plug and play" controller.

Default Ok I have tried this step..

@robert.may

I got a laptop hp pavilion dv7 windows 7 64 bit. And when i do try it it says! "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.. the system cannot find the file specified.."

What do i do now!!

email me at shermanakaice@hotmail.com Ive got other Questions you can probably help me out on..

@robert.may

I got a laptop hp pavilion dv7 windows 7 64 bit. And when i do try it it says! "windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device.. the system cannot find the file specified.."

What do i do now!!

email me at shermanakaice@hotmail.com Ive got other Questions you can probably help me out on.

Pessoal é bem simples porém foi complicado encontrar a solução.
    Vamos lá o Windows 7 64Bit não reconhece o driver de alguns M-Audio
    No meu caso eu tinha o USB Uno e não conseguia de forma alguma fui tentando até achar a seguinte solução tentem que aqui deu certo e está funcionando perfeitamente.
    1º passo - Iniciar>Dispositivos e impressoras>
    Procure em dispositivos de som algum dispositivo de som genérico selecione e vai funcionar
    Qualquer duvida meu MSN é: mag.entretenimento@hotmail.com e o site oficial é www.magaro16.com.br