Axiom 49 with Windows 7 and Enigma won't work, is recognized on laptop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Axiom 49 with Windows 7 and Enigma won't work, is recognized on laptop

Default Axiom 49 with Windows 7 and Enigma won't work, is recognized on laptop

Okay I know this is my first post but I have literally spent weeks reading forums and articles on The M-Audio Axiom 49 and its issues with Windows 7 and supposed plug and play compatibility. So I think downloading the latest version of Enigma will do the trick but all Enigma states is " cannot modify Axiom 49 defaults because it is marked as read only. " When I'm setting up the Axiom 49 controller under peripherals in PT it allows me to chose the type which I chose M-Audio keyboard(it does not give me a choice of an Axiom 49) and under receive from I have no choice it just says "None."Also, under send to it gives me the choice of the instrument I have chose so in this case that would be the "mini grand" and it gives me the other choices of none and predefined which are the Microsoft midi mapper and the Wavetable synth. The Midi ch is always set at 8 and I cant change that. Now if I chose "mini grand" under send to and click save I get an error message that states " You must assign a midi port to receive from for Midi controller #1, or change it's type to none." Midi through is clicked on and I have the Midi Channel on my Axiom 49 set to Ch #1 even though I have tried all 16 channels. Now when I go to "Midi Studio" and try and set my Axiom 49 up there isn't even a choice for M-Audio Products so I just created the name and I can't chose input or output ports. I can chose send and receive channels but I've tried them all. I have also tried under peripherals checking the enable next to "midi machine control " that didn't work either. So now I am asking to please help in any way possible. I work Mon-Fri and when I get off of work all the techs are off so I can't call and I don't have my setup at home. I am learning this all on my own and honestly after a month of having PT 8.03 with the Mini-MBox 2 and an Axiom 49 I'm real close to calling this quits its just too complicated and I'm usually a fast learner and have much patience. I know how hard you techs work and my hat goes off to you I just hope you can help me, Sincerely, Frustration ..............

Default How do I know if my Axiom 49 is not just broke ?

I have been looking at Windows 7 issues and non driver issues and thinking maybe that is whats wrong with my Axiom 49. Now I did an experiment where I just hooked my Axiom 49 up to a drum machine to just trigger the sounds and it didn't work. I hooked the drum machine up to My Alesis Control Pad and synced the midi channels and it worked fine. When I move the faders and buttons on the Axiom 49 it works fine but it just does not send midi signals and I have tried everything. Also, Enigma just doesn't recognize my Axiom 49 but that's once again is a midi issue. How do I know if my Axiom 49 is working fine and not broke ? I don't want to keep going in circles with this issue if the Axiom is the problem, any suggestions are appreciated : )

I'm using the following:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
    MBox2-mini
    Pro Tool LE 8.03
    Last edited by yoyao011; 01-31-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

It sounds like your computer isn't recognizing the Axiom. Does it appear in the Windows Device Manager? Have you tried connecting to different USB ports?

Does the Axiom appear in the Windows Device Manager? Have you tried different USB ports? or a different USB cable?

Test with MIDI-OX to see if the Axiom is recognized and sending data to the computer.

If you're testing with the drum machine, make sure MIDI Out from USB mode is NOT enabled: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...81bf4ec7685bfc

Yes I have tried every USB port and I agree with you that my computer is not recognizing the Axiom and here's why. When I connect the Axiom to the computer it states " The drivers were not installed properly." Then when I go to Device manager it shows the Axiom Driver with an exclamation. How can I get my computer to recognize the Axiom ? I have a 2gb pentium 4 400 mghz desktop running Windows 7. I have never had any problems with my computer recognizing any other products through USB why now with this Axiom ? Could it be the settings in the Axiom 49 ? Could the Axiom 49 be broke ? I have been told that if the Axiom is working when I move faders and knobs then its fine. Also, I can't even get the Axiom 49 to work with a keyboard module. I tried simply hooking the midi out of the Axiom 49 to the midi in of a keyboard module and it would not work. I lined up the midi channels and tried everything else so there is something going on with this Axiom 49. Thanks for your response and I hope you can help

Interesting issue here. When I plug the Axiom into my desktop running Window 7 it does not detect the Axiom but when I hook it up to my laptop running Windows 7 it detects it ! WTH ? What gives if its not Windows 7 then what does the problem sound like

Default USB on Laptop recognizes Axiom 49 but not on Desktop ! Help !!

I have PT LE running on my much powerful desktop but through USB and it does not recognize anything. When I connect it I just get the " Drivers were not installed properly" I am running Windows 7 on the desktop plus I get an exclamation under device manager where I can see the axiom 49. Now on my much smaller laptop system where I am also running Windows 7 it recognizes the Axiom 49 right away and you can see the axiom in the device manager with no exclamation. I have tried every USB port on the desktop and it just does not recognize the Axiom 49. Also, Midi-OX recognizes the Axiom 49 on my laptop but not on my desktop what gives ? Any help is appreciated .......

Check out the work around this user found when the drivers wouldn't load on Win 7: http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread.php?t=15759

When using the Axiom with a stand-alone synth, make sure MIDI Out from USB is NOT enabled: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...81bf4ec7685bfc

<multiple threads for same problem merged>

Have you tried all USB ports on the desktop? Do you have a USB hub you can try connecting the keyboard to?

Do you have a Logitech webcam installed on the desktop?

First off thank you so much for your help JA you are very prompt and I know I'm not the only person with issues you have to deal with. Yes I have tried every USB port on the computer and no I don't have a logitech webcam installed on my computer. The steps that other user went through are extremely complicated and I don't have a disc if its asking for someone. Why does it have to be so difficult to get a controller to work with Windows 7 and my computer period. I'll try this method but I'm about to just sell this axiom 49 and go another route I have been trying to get my PT system up and running for over 3 weeks now and its very frustrating. Anyway thank you so much for your help I greatly appreciate it