2496 windows 7

Thread: 2496 windows 7

Default 2496 windows 7

Hi, I am having difficulty installing my 2496 on my windows 7 machine. I've downloaded the latest driver but windows still isn't recognising the sound card. The Delta icon appears in my taskbar but when opened it is just blank.

Could someone please help?

Thanks

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Did you install the card before installing the drivers?

Have you tested the card in different PCI slots?

Does anything new appear in the Windows Device Manager when the card is installed?

Thank you for replying.

I have installed the card before installing the drivers and installed the drivers before installing the card. In device manager the card is listed as 'multimedia audio controller' under other devices and has an exclamation mark next to it. It has been tested in other pci slots and the same happens.

Any ideas?

Your system should be identifying as an M-Audio Delta card. Have you tried disabling your built-in sound card?

Can you test the card in a different computer to see if it's recognized properly?

I have disabled the on board sound card and downloaded/installed the driver again and the same thing happens. When I open the m audio control panel it is just blank too.

I used the sound card in my previous computer (an XP machine) before putting it in this new machine so I know it works.

bump for bumps sake

If the card works on the old system, there must be something with the new system preventing it from being recognized. If you have any virus protection software enabled, diable it and try re-installing the drivers. Also check to see if there are any BIOS/driver/chipset updates for your motherboard.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've updated the bios/chipset for the motherboard and tried to disabling the anti virus software and re-installing the drivers. Unfortunately, the card is not still being recognised properly in device manager, it appears as 'multimedia audio controller' under other devices and has an exclamation mark next to it.

Do you have other PCI slots to try the card in with the new system?

There's a conflict going on if it has that explanation mark next to it. Even if your using Windows 7, I would attempt to use some older drivers. The older 5069v3 beta drivers will install and work with the system, you can try and see if those drivers give you output.

It's more of a hardware problem though, i doubt different drivers will solve this.

**note about the older 5069v3 beta drivers: these wont let your system properly shut down, best to only install these as a test for the card, but not keep these as your primary drivers.
    Core 2 Quad Q9400-Scythe Ninja Rev A|MSI Neo P45|WD 150GB Raptor|WD 250gb SATA-I|8GB G-Skill DDR2|WD Blue 640GB SATA-II|Logitech KB|Apple Mighty Mouse|ATI HD4850 512MB-Accelero S1|M-Audio 2x Delta 1010|Delta 66 Omni I/O|Corsair 400W|Cooler Master Elite 330
    Dual Boot: Ubuntu 10.04 x64 Lucid/Windows 7 Home Premium x64
    Adobe Audition Mac & PC, Logic Pro, Ardour, PT 9, Reaper x86 & x64, Ableton Live Lite
    2x Delta 1010, 2x Delta 66, AP2496, FW Solo, Pulsar II, ProFire 2626, Fast Track C400