Keystation Pro 88 - Cant program buttons, faders in Reason 4, Live 8

Thread: Keystation Pro 88 - Cant program buttons, faders in Reason 4, Live 8

Angry Keystation Pro 88 - Cant program buttons, faders in Reason 4, Live 8

Im using a Keystation Pro 88 with Reason 4 and Live 8. I have tried using Enigma and cannot get any buttons or knobs to program. In fact, I did something odd and only one knob controls Fader 1 in reason. I was able to program the pitch wheel to one combinator but nothing else. I tried opening Enigma and using preset 4 for the mixer but I either cannot transmit the controls to the keyboard, or if that preset is supposed to work automatically, it doesnt. I cannot right click on any controls on a Reason mixer and map them.

Reason does see the keyboard under Preferences and it works fine when playing any individual instruments like Piano. I have also tried Global Channel 10 to no avail.

What is more puzzling is that I couldnt get an Axiom 49 to work correctly and I traded that in for the KS 88. I just bought a Korg Nano Kontrol and Korg Nano keyboard and they work perfectly after about a 45 minute setup.

HP Laptop, Windows 7, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Reason 4, Live 8, Korg Nano Kontrol, Korg Nano Keyboard, Keystation Pro 88

Go to keyboards and control surfaces in the preferences. DO NOT USE AUTO-DETECT. Click add under connected surfaces and select "other" under manufacturer, then press find. Select the keyboard. Then on the keyboard, while on channel 10, make sure the display does not show USB>MIDI. I know its weird but it i read it and it worked.

After doing this I've been able to control all the knobs and faders. The buttons are a different story.

I want to program buttons to either mute or solo tracks and devices in Reason. Tried editing control mapping, but not successful. If someone knows, please reply.

thank you

Keystation Pro 88, Reason, Mac OS X 10.6

Can anybody tell me how to use the knobs ( Faders ) on the keystation pro 88 with reason 3 to control fully the reason Mixer ?
    Last edited by angelstrack; 04-23-2010 at 10:19 PM. Reason: something left