PLEASE REVIEW BEFORE USING THIS SITE
SECTION 2: POSTED INFORMATION
ALL POSTED INFORMATION IS PUBLIC
AVID has reserved certain portions of the Site to permit registered users to post materials or information, including but not limited to personal information, user demonstration reels or other sample materials, graphics, images, opinions, comments, conversations or questions ("Posted Information"). AVID has provided those special sections as a service to its customers and the media community with the intent of making Posted Information publicly available to anyone who wishes to view it.
USER CONDUCT GUIDELINES
By posting information to the Site, you agree to the following conduct guidelines and warrant that:
- You will not post anything on the Site that violates the intellectual property rights of others, including any patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, rights of privacy, rights of publicity, or moral rights. If you believe that any Posted Information infringes your copyrights, you may provide a notification of claimed copyright infringement to Avid's Designated Agent for copyright complaints. Please see our Copyright Complaint Policy for further information
- You will not impersonate any other person, or submit false or inaccurate information about yourself. Your account registration must contain complete and accurate information, including your real name.
- You will not post any threatening, harassing, libelous, false, misleading, defamatory, offensive, obscene, or pornographic material, or any material that would violate any applicable law or regulation.
- You will not post any chain letters or “spam.” You also will not post any advertising, surveys, promotional materials, contests, or any other form of solicitation except in areas specifically designated for such purposes.
- You will not post serial numbers, activation keys, “cracks,” or any other information intended for software piracy or unlicensed use of software.
LICENSE TO POSTED INFORMATION
By submitting the Posted Information for publication on the Site, you grant to AVID, and its subsidiaries and affiliates, a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicenceable, non-exclusive right to use, reproduce, display, modify, distribute, and create derivative works based upon (in any format whatsoever) the Posted Information for any purpose.
You also hereby authorize any third party who lawfully accesses the Posted Information via the Site to make an electronic copy or print in hard copy the Posted Information, or portion thereof, solely for such third party's internal reference purposes within such third party's organization.
If your Posted Information includes links to internet sites ("Posted Links"), you are deemed, to the extent you are able, to grant to AVID a worldwide, royalty-free, sublicenceable, non-exclusive right to display Posted Links for so long as the Posted Information is available on the Site. AVID requires that Posted Links be restricted to home pages, and not "deep links," unless the Posted Link is to an internet site that you own, operate, or to which you are otherwise authorized to link. AVID reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove any Posted Links for any reason whatsoever.
Inclusion of any links (Posted Links or others) in Posted Information does not imply any endorsement by or responsibility of AVID with regard to the contents of sites related to User Links.
USE AND MONITORING OF POSTED INFORMATION
The decision to make Posted Information available, or to use or respond to Posted Information, is yours alone. AVID has only made a portion of the Site available for the publication, distribution, and review of Posted Information. AVID is not involved in any transactions between the users who submit Posted Information, and the users who view or use such information. Without limiting the generality of foregoing, AVID is not responsible for any employment, hiring, purchase, lease, rent, or any other decisions whatsoever made by any person or entity with regard to the Posted Information contained in the Site.
In addition, please note that AVID cannot confirm that anyone is who they say they are. You assume all risks relating to any dealings you may undertake with anyone you encounter through the Site.
AVID has no obligation to review, screen, or edit any Posted Information, either in advance, or after posting. AVID may post the Posted Information as submitted by the person registered to post the information, but will not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy of or omissions in such Posted Information. Inclusion of Posted Information on this Site does not imply any endorsement by AVID of the Posted Information.
Avid Conduct Guidelines
Thank you for participating in our community websites. The purpose of these community websites is to share your experience and knowledge of Avid products with other users. To ensure a pleasant experience for all our users, we ask that you follow the code of conduct guidelines outlined below:
- Avid respects the intellectual property rights of others, and expects its users to do the same. Users are prohibited from posting anything on the Site that violates the intellectual property rights of others.
- Do not swear or insult others. Do not type in capital letters to attract attention. Do not post criticisms or comments directed to another person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or comparable characteristic.
- Avid prohibits the posting of any unsolicited chain letters or "spam", or any threatening, harassing, libelous, false, defamatory, offensive, obscene, or pornographic material, or other material that would violate any applicable law or regulation, including but not limited to any federal or state laws or regulations governing equal employment opportunities.
- You may not post or transmit to the Site any advertising, surveys, promotional materials, contests, or any other commercial or non-commercial solicitations.
- You are also prohibited from impersonating any individual. Member accounts must be opened using real names and other requested information.
- Avid does not endorse any posting by any Avid employees related to third party products or partners.
- By participating, you are deemed to grant to Avid a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license (with rights to sublicense) to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such User Feedback for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such User Feedback.
- Do not speculate on Avid decisions or products that have not been released, issues with repair procedures, or Avid policies and procedures.