Ekeys 37 Driver for Windows 7 64 Bit

Thread: Ekeys 37 Driver for Windows 7 64 Bit

Default Ekeys 37 Driver for Windows 7 64 Bit

I recently bought an Ekeys 37 midi keyboard under the impression that it would plug in and play with Windows 7 64 bit. However on plugging it in it failed to recognise the device and says that it requires a driver. Has anyone had a similar problem that they have solved? Or does anyone know if there a Windows 7 driver being developed for Ekeys? Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same keyboard before. It should be plug and play if you scan the driver on your C drive. Even thought windows device center will show the keyboard as unrecognized device, it should work. However, the yellow exclamation mark is definitely something that M-Audio should work on asps. It's just so annoying to have this problem.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
    Intel Core 2 ULV7300 Turbo Boost, 4GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB HD
    Axiom Pro 49, Akai LPK25, MXL 770, Rode NT1A, Shure SRH440, Shure SCL2, Behringer M16, Behringer B1030A, Pro Tools 8.03 cs2 , Reason 4.01, Native Instrument Kontakt 3.5, M-Box 2 Mini

What do you mean by scan the driver? I have tried to use it with pro tools but as I am a new user I'm not sure if I am doing it right. When I go into MIDI devices in pro tools it doesn't seem to recognise that there is one connected.

Default Problem with EKeys 49 in Windows 7 64 bit

Hi

I'm also having a problem with ekeys 49 in Windows 7 64 bit. I managed to install the midi controller and windows picks it up as a composit usb device. The device is visible in all my recoding/synth software but there seems to be no signal. Please advise.

Default Using eKeys37 on Windows7 with Protools MPowered Essential 8

I get an error message "Unable to locate M-Audio hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on" when I try to use my new Ekeys37 on MPowered Essential 8. It seems that lots of Ekeys buyers have the similar problems using Windows 7. Can you post step-by-step instructions somewhere, or warn users that your low cost MIDI controller doesn't work with your low cost ProTools 8 program on modern current operating systems? I am frustrated, and I didn't save the box to get my $50 back.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Pro Tools M-Powered Essential is looking for an M-Audio audio interface. The eKeys keyboard be used with Pro Tools, but you must have the M-Audio sound card. How did you get Pro Tools M-Powered Essential? It's not sold separately? It's bundled with one of the M-Audio interfaces that Pro Tools requires. See www.m-audio.com/essentialFAQ

Default re: eKeys3 driver for Windows 7 64

I finally got eKeys to work with Protools M. First, I downloaded the optional driver for Windows 7 64, which went smoothly. These are the steps I followed:

1) I found and downloaded the the eKeys Windows 7 64 bit driver. AVID makes this hard to find, but it worked for me.

2) I unplugged my mouse (I only have 2 USB ports on my new Toshiba Satellite laptop) and plugged in my M-audio FastTrack audio interface, even though I didin't plan to use it. Protools Mpowered will not run without it.

3) I added an instrument track, chose MIDI, and then I got some response from ProTools 8 M-Powered.

So there is at least one way to use eKeys 37 with ProTools 8 and Windows 7 64, but there are several opportunities to get derailed.