M-Audio Fast Track Ultra Problems

Thread: M-Audio Fast Track Ultra Problems

Default M-Audio Fast Track Ultra Problems

Hi,
    I bought the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra about a week ago and have been disappointed with it since day 1.
    I've been messing around with it every day trying numerous methods to get it to work 100% and it just simply wont.

My problem is, is that the software and the computer reads the audio signal, but audio will rarely come out of the speakers. If I restart the computer or the Fast Track the audio will begin to work again.
    I've been using 2 main programs, Ableton live 8.1 and Guitar Rig 4

I use the Axiom61 with Ableton and it works (sometimes), I can jam to tunes on youtube with it. But Guitar Rig will not work. If I restart my computer and open Guitar Rig first, Guitar Rig will work but Ableton and all the other audio streaming from my computer will not work. Very unreliable.

On top of this, iTunes has developed a need to crash every time I try and press play on a song.

I have wasted at least 30 hours trying to get this thing to work. I'm getting really frustrated. Is there a clear detailed troubleshooting process I can follow? (The manual is absolutely useless).

I'm relatively new to the world of MIDI and I'm wondering if I'm missing something, or the hardware/software is. I've read a lot of threads with complaints about the Fast Track series. I'm getting a buddy in tomorrow to help me work things out. But until then here's my situation.
    System Specs:
    Make/Model: Custom
    Operating System: Windows 7, 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07Ghz
    RAM: 8.00 GB DDR3
    M-Audio Device/Driver: Fast Track Ultra/5.10.0.5099

On top of that, my computer has began crashing. It has never crashed before.
    Why is it so difficult!!! >

When you say speakers, are they your computer speakers or are they hooked up to the FTU. If you plu headphones in to the FTU do you hear signal?
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

They're studio speakers plugged into Outputs 1 & 2 on the back of the FTU. I'm completely bypassing my computers default soundcard.

Sorry, and if I plug headphones into the FTU I still do not hear anything.
    It's not that the speakers don't work at all, it's that the audio emitted from my computer that's going through the FTU out to the speakers will sometimes cut-off and will not work until my computer or the FTU is reset.
    System Specs:
    Make/Model: Custom
    Operating System: Windows 7, 64-bit
    Processor: Intel Core i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07Ghz
    RAM: 8.00 GB DDR3
    M-Audio Device/Driver: Fast Track Ultra/5.10.0.5099

Some more garbage.
    After being left on for awhile; the M-Audio Fast Track Ultra control panel will not open (no message, no loading cursor, nothing) when I click on it in the control panel of my computer.

when you click on it does it appear in the task bar? If so right click on it and select move and bring it into view.
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

its about to die.

well, maybe.

mine was doing similar things. it would work in one program and not in others. un/re-install and try again and it would be a different program that would give me errors.

eventually you'll uninstall/reinstall and it won't be recognized after many restarts and power off/on'ing.

what's the unit's serial?