Problem with Oxygen 49 v3 in Ableton Live

Thread: Problem with Oxygen 49 v3 in Ableton Live

Default Problem with Oxygen 49 v3 in Ableton Live

So I'm not sure if anyone can help me but I've got a problem with my Oxygen 49 v3 on Ableton Live 8.1

When I installed Ableton, initially, the faders worked automatically and were in sync between the keyboard and the DAW. My knobs weren't working so i just mapped them myself which is fine I guess.

So both my faders and my knobs control the volume and panning from tracks 1-8. But when I go select track 9 using the track buttons on my midi keyboard which do work, the faders and knobs should then control tracks 9-16 respectively and so on. But unfortunately they just keep on controlling tracks 1-8.

Does anybody know how I can fix this?

Kind Regards
    Danny

Update:

Another problem is, the knobs which i programmed don't save when i close ableton and reopen it. I have to remap them every time.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

These assignments should save with each Live Set. If you want these mappings to be part of your default set for new projects, make the assignments then Save the Current Set as Default from Life's File/Folder preferences.

Thank you for the reply... but regarding my original post and direct link not automatically assigning my panning knobs etc?

If i just map them myself then they stay mapped to that exact track, so if i insert a track between 1 and 2...the panning knob then controls track 3. I understand this is software based with ableton, but if the directlink was working originally i wouldn't be having this problem.

--------------------------------------------------

Here are my results with directlink so far...

Mac OSX 10.6.3
    [Logic Pro 9] - Keys YES - Faders NO - Panning Knobs NO - Transport Buttons YES - Track Buttons NO
    [GarageBand] - Keys YES - Faders NO - Panning Knobs NO - Transport Buttons NO - Track Buttons NO

Windows XP SP3
    [Ableton Live 8.1.3] Keys YES - Faders YES - Panning Knobs NO - Transport Buttons YES - Track Buttons YES
    [Cubase 4.5.2] Keys YES - Faders NO - Panning Knobs NO - Transport Buttons NO - Track Buttons NO
    [Cubase 5.1] Keys YES - Faders NO - Panning Knobs NO - Transport Buttons NO - Track Buttons NO
    ---------------------------------------------------

I have tried every preset 1 - 10
    I have tried a factory reset on my Oxygen 49 v3 (turn on whilst holding - and + buttons)

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling all of the above software. I have tried a fresh install of Windows XP.

I have tried a midi detector and every button/key/knob/fader on the oxygen 49 v3 is giving out a signal with what appear to be the correct assignments.

Am I missing something really obvious here or is my keyboard faulty?
    Last edited by xdannyboyx; 06-22-2010 at 01:19 AM.

With Cubase 5.1... my mistake, the driver isn't even installing. When installing direct link for Cubase5 i get the following message:

"M-Audio Oxygen DirectLink for Cubase5 1.0.0 (x86) Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely"

tried Ableton Live 8.1.1 with Directlink (Oxygen49 3rd Gen) but still not working, even 1 fader or knob is not moving.
    tried with Protools LE8 is not a problem.

Hope to get any other solution aside from the link..
    We even tried to hook up another Oxygen 3rd Gen but still the same problem.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Did you select Preset 10 on the Oxygen? Are you able to play software instruments with the Keys?

Lightbulb same problem

Quote Originally Posted by xdannyboyx View Post
    With Cubase 5.1... my mistake, the driver isn't even installing. When installing direct link for Cubase5 i get the following message:

"M-Audio Oxygen DirectLink for Cubase5 1.0.0 (x86) Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely"

i had the same problem... but i'm using a windows vista and a cubase le 4... and i cant install...
    i tried to update my windows to fix this problem but still the same...
    i have no idea what to do to install this driver...
    someone could help us...???
    thanks...