TBIA The data is invalid
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TBIA The data is invalid

Default TBIA The data is invalid

TBIA The data is invalid

This is the message that I get when I turn on my laptop and turn on the on swtich

2.8 core duo, gb 8 ram, 500 gb sony win 7 64

Hope this is the right place to post this

Things seem to work pretty well on the reason 5/record 1.5 beta, live 8.1.3, and when tools 8 gets upgrades I can weigh in on that.

After I press ok it seems to work pretty well but still something is up.
    Last edited by felonytrance; 06-22-2010 at 07:39 PM.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

<post split to new thread>

Did you install any of the previous drivers for Vista or XP on Windows 7 in compatibility mode?

Do you have any other M-Audio device drivers installed on your computer?

What devices appear in the Windows Device Manager in the Sound, video and game controllers category?

Quote Originally Posted by JA View Post
    <post split to new thread>

Did you install any of the previous drivers for Vista or XP on Windows 7 in compatibility mode?

Do you have any other M-Audio device drivers installed on your computer?

What devices appear in the Windows Device Manager in the Sound, video and game controllers category?
    No other vista/win compatibility 7

I have a axiom 49 driver

Device manager with just axiom pro hooked up

Bome's Virtual Midi Port Device (2 of them)
    M-audio Axiom pro 49
    nerds.de LoopBe1-Internal Midi Port (WDM)
    NVIDIA High Definition Audio (5 of them)
    Realtek High Definition Audio

Thanks for getting back to me so quick, any help would be much appreciated cause it is great to have the white knight back in action

I have started getting the same TBIA error message on my Windows XP SP3 laptop since I tried installing the latest v6 Axiom Pro driver. I never had this message with the previous v5 driver so I removed the v6 driver and re-installed v5 but I am still getting the TBIA The Data Is Invalid message appearing on my desktop even with no applications running. How can I fix this please? Nothing else was changed on the laptop at the time this message first appeared. I use Cubase 5.1.1.
    Last edited by screentan; 08-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.

SO I checked the m audio website and downloaded the "official" axiom pro drivers for win 7 64 bit.

I am still getting the TIAB (whatever it is I can't recall at the moment)

I greatly apprecaite the courtesy of a response

Since there is another user with the problem I am sure they would appreciate a response as well.

So have there been an update to the reason/record hypercontrol

Should we download the old version even though they were not working for me during the beta version.

I guess I could call you guys but I would have thought that at the very least you guys could respond.

Thank you again for the help cause it is greatly needed if this is your last driver update for win 7 64 bit and my hypercontrol works for everything else except reason. (tools 8.04, and ableton live 8.1.6b2)

Edit just to double check I re downloaded the reason/record update from over a year ago and installed it. It does the exact same thing that I reported in another post.

Someone please give me an idiots guide step by step what to do and how to go about installing this thing because mabye I'm making some dumbass mistake. Also would like to know what drivers are suppose to appear under control panel.
    Last edited by felonytrance; 08-22-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Have you tried disabling User Account Control?

Try disabling the Task Bar Icon Application as described in this guide: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...d138691eb279a7

We have a driver installation guide on our Knowledge Base: http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...188fe8d3181b50

Nothing for the Axiom Pro is supposed to show up in the Windows Control Panel.

11) When the driver is finished updating, check the M-Audio control panel again to see if it detects the device.
    I tried this out but for some reason I do not have an M-audio Control Panel and the TBIA message has returned. I am running Win XP SP3.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Have you tried disabling User Account Control?
    Does this only apply to W7? I am using XP and don't know what this means please? I still have this TBIA error problem.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by screentan View Post
    Does this only apply to W7? I am using XP and don't know what this means please? I still have this TBIA error problem.
    Thanks
    UAC is Vista/Win 7 only. Have you tried disabling the Avid/M-Audio Task Bar Icon from msconfig?

I unchecked the M-Audio taskbar in msconfig and the error message didn't come up. However how do I stop the M-Audio taskbar loading permanently? msconfig does not appear to be a permanent way of disabling it but rather only for troubleshooting.
    Thanks