Fast Track Ultra: record up to 8 channels simultaneously

Thread: Fast Track Ultra: record up to 8 channels simultaneously

Default Fast Track Ultra: record up to 8 channels simultaneously

I am interestet to buy a Fast Track Ultra. In the prouct information I read that it is able to record up to 8 channels simultaneously.
    My question is: ¿it means that it is able to record 8 independent tracks simultaneously in a DAW? or it only record one stereo mix of the 8 channels?

It is a very basic question but I am inexpert.

Tkanks in advance

Yes 8 simultaneously. Keep in mind that 2 of those inputs are digital spdif and that there are only 4 mic pre. To my mind youa re most liekly to be using 4 mic pres and 2 line inputs and not using the spdif inputs. Also your ability to record even 6 tracks simultaneously will also be dependent on the specs of your computer and recording software
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Thanks very much for your quick response.
    Now it is clear for me.

I'm having trouble configuring Adobe Audition & Fast Track Ultra to allow more than 2 channels to be selected whist recording. The sound I'm getting on those 2 channels is fantastic so I'm dieing to get the rest happening.........

From the 'device input' selection all I can select is 'Fast Track Ultra 1/2'

I presume I should also be able to select 'Fast Track Ultra 3/4.....5/6'.... etc.

Is this likely to be an issue with the Fast Track Ultra's control panel mixer, Audition itself or something else?

any help or a point in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Did you follow the link for the Audition configuration guide? The problem i s most likely that you do not have the driver installed properly or are not using the m-audio asio driver in Audition.
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Yeah I did...

However I've just learnt that Audition 1.5 doesn't support the necessary ASIO stuff.....i guess it's time to upgrade, I just hope this turns out to be the solution.

Before you spend money I would recommend looking at Reaper or PT 8
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ

CLICK HERE for

Also keep in mind that wall powering the FTU is required to have all inputs working (when bus powered only 1/2 and the spdif are operational).
    Computer Make/Model: Lenovo T61p
    Operating System: Debian GNU/Linux and alsa patches for M-Audio FTU
    Processor: Intel(R) core2 duo
    RAM: 8G
    Ardour(DAW), JACK, audacity, vpkb
    M-Audio Fast Track Ultra. K5000s, behringer truth monitors. K90 Piano