Super newbie question about venom

Thread: Super newbie question about venom

Default Super newbie question about venom

I'll start by stating that I'm a bass player. I know incredibly little about synths, as you're about to see.

I'd like to know first if the venom has any pre-programmed flutes and rhodes patches in it, and more importantl if those sounds can be tweaked to get zeppelin like keyboard sounds. Learning some stuff for a zep tribute, and hoping this will do the trick. I already ordered it, so I kinda jumped the gun, but I want to start writing some synth stuff anyhow and LOVED the sounds of this in the demos. I'll use it even if not for the zep band. My accordian lessons are finally coming in handy. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Nerve View Post
    I'd like to know first if the venom has any pre-programmed flutes and rhodes patches in it, and more importantl if those sounds can be tweaked to get zeppelin like keyboard sounds.
    After auditioning all the patches, I did hear a flute patch. Kinda nice. But keep in mind. The Venom is not a ROMpler. Wasn't designed to sound like natural instruments. It's raw, hardcore, edgy, analogy. With alot of tweaking, you may get somewhat close to the patches you're looking for, but not exact.
    Live Stage Setup:
    MacBook Pro, OSX 10.7, MOTU UltraLite-mk3, Novation LaunchPad
    Ableton Live 8.2.5, Omnisphere, HALion Sonic, Stylus RMX, EZDrummer
    Korg (Kronos 88, MS2000, M3 w/Radias), Access Virus TI, Hammond XK-1
    M-Audio (Axiom Pro, O2), Novation UltraNova, Prophet-600

That's not the answer you're supposed to give me. You're supposed to say, "There are lots of flute and electric piano sounds on the venom, and it'll be easy to tweak them to sound exactly as you want. Great mellotron sound too."

Alright. I've got sounds in my laptop anyhow, so I'll prepare myself to possibly have to use them.

Some other questions. What's a ROMpler? And, wasn't it syths that were used for all the flute, piano, and string sounds back in the late 70s early 80s? I had a Kawai sythesizor in the early 80s and it had some pretty sweet sounding natural instruments. Is there something inherent with the venom that will make creating these sounds any more difficult?

What's a ROMpler?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rompler
    A rompler is an electronic musical instrument that plays back samples stored in ROM chips to generate sound
    Live Stage Setup:

And, wasn't it syths that were used for all the flute, piano, and string sounds back in the late 70s early 80s? I had a Kawai sythesizor in the early 80s and it had some pretty sweet sounding natural instruments. Is there something inherent with the venom that will make creating these sounds any more difficult?
    Nothing that limits the Venom from doing those 80s patches. All the waveforms, envelopes, LFOs are there, and more. From the factory, those patches aren't there. You'll have to hook up to your computer and use Vyzex editor to start creating um. Soon, there will be shared libraries and patches floating around the web for you to download.

For now, they're starting to show up on http://venomsynth.com
    Live Stage Setup:

Thanks much.