For Windows 7 users that are not able to configure the ProjectMix I/O as a control surface in applications like Pro Tools because the ProjectMix I/O CS MIDI Out Port does not appear (and the only choice is the Ext MIDI Out), follow the steps below to resolve this issue:

Shut down and then disconnect the ProjectMix
Start up and in Windows 7, click the Start Button
In the search box type: cmd
In the search results list, right-click on cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator" to launch the Command Window
Copy and paste the following commands, one line at a time into the command window. You will need to right click in the command window to paste these commands.

set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1

Press Enter and then copy and paste the line below:

start devmgmt.msc

Press Enter and the Device Manager will open.
Click Show hidden devices from the View menu in Device Manager, then click to expand Sound, Video and game controllers.
Right-click and uninstall each instance of the ProjectMix I/O to remove all of them. If prompted, click OK to remove the drivers for the device.

After removing all instances, shut down, reconnect the PMI/O, then start back up and Windows should reinstall the drivers automatically. You should now be able to configure the ProjectMix I/O as a control surface and have the CS MIDI Out Port Appear.