Pro Tools SE DAE errors solved

Thread: Pro Tools SE DAE errors solved

Smile Pro Tools SE DAE errors solved

Recently purchased M-Audio Fast Track with Pro Tools SE included.

My computer: Toshiba Satellite C660-23M Laptop, 2.4 GHz, 6 GB RAM, Windows 7 64 bit.

When I record audio I get error messages on playback - DAE error-9507, 9031 and 9060.

Problem solved

As suggested on this forum somewhere, I set Pro Tools SE to run under compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and no more errors!

Loaded system with 4 self recorded audio tracks with maximum effects and the program performed perfectly. I'm no computer tech but I guess that 'compatibility mode' switches off certain Windows 7 functions. Well worth a try before going in and changing individual settings yourself (which you may forget you changed afterwards and regret!).

Boozeman

Update.

Still had some issues running under XP compatibility. Changed compatibility setting to Windows Server 2008 (Service pack 1) and it really has solved the DAE errors and playback errors I was experiencing.

There is certainly an issue with Win7 SP1 and the current ProTools release... I am a workstation engineer and I can only get that software to run in XP compatibily mode, something in their code is funked. I also am having issues with my signal levels being very poor on both interfaces, looks like this product is going back!

My machine specs are
    Acer Aspire X3470, AMD A6 2.2Ghz, 4 gig RAM, Win7 64bit

Default How i fixed dae error 9060 and distortion

Hp windows7 sp1 1.65Ghz, 4 g RAM. ProTools Se 8.0.3 I resolved the error message as well as playback distortions by doing these things. First disable power management settings such as sleep mode, HD to sleep, ect. Follow the steps listed in the FAQ/trouble shooting guide about optimizing windows. you may need to disable Norton A/V and the Norton firewall.(right click icon in system tray) You may need to disconnect your wi-fi, although I didn't find it necessary. Next is to run the compatability issue feature. (right click Pro tools icon on the desktop, select trouble shoot compatibilities, and let windows select best settings. probably will be windows xp sp2. it will ask if settings worked. keep that window open for now, don't select anything yet.) Pro Tools will open, windows will ask permission to make changes select yes. Now set up your Pro tools preferences. File-preferences- //audio tab -should list fast track, and select for recording or performing.// control surfaces- if you have a midi keyboard select in drop down, otherwise none.// session tab- sample rate 44.1 kHz, bit rate 24-bit. Then check the latency rate (right click on avid icon in system tray, open m audio control panel- mine is set to 128. if you experience lag or popping ajust the buffer higher. If these settings worked, then select save settings in the compatibility issue window that we ignored earlier. When you open Pro Tools now, the user account control window will ask- Do you want program to make changes? click yes, Pro Tools now thinks you are running xp. Its a major pain to set up, but it is definately worth it. The issues are definately windows7 related. I used this program for a year on my old machince running xp without any problems. I hope this helped

I am getting DAE errors 9507, 9031, and 9060 running ProTools SE 8.0.3 even after installing PT SE 8.0.3 Patch 003.pkg and re-booting on a MacBook Pro Running MacOS X Lion Version 10.7.4 with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Processor, Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3. Initially I had no problem with these errors, was able to record several songs, but over the last week these errors pop up frequently and seemingly randomly on both previously-recorded sessions and new sessions, making ProToolsSE almost impossible to use. Anyone have any success out there?

Update: I seemed to have fixed the 9031, 9060, and 9507 errors, for the moment, by taking the advice from one discussion thread and downloading and installing MacOSX UpdCombo 10.7.4.dmg

The DAE 9126 error still occurs but only when I try to record to a Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 FreeAgent GoFlex external hard drive. So I've been recording to the Mac hard drive, then backing up to the external drive.

Hi Mike, I,m john and I also followed your steps on fixing DAE errors, and It worked. Thank you!!!!

Another good resource for Pro Tools is the Avid users conference:

http://duc.avid.com/
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.