MIDISPORT uno and microKORG sound problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MIDISPORT uno and microKORG sound problems

Default MIDISPORT uno and microKORG sound problems

When I use my microKORG with my MIDISPORT uno in FL studio, I get these weird sound bugs. At first it works fine, but after playing a few notes, it starts playing this really loud noice. It's as if I just smashed some keys at random, only it's a constant sound. Does anyone know what's causing this?

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

We need more information about your system and setup: http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...BEFORE-posting

What operating system? Do you have both MIDI input and output connected? How is the MIDI routed in FL Studio?

You may be triggering the sounds directly and then doubling that data by sending to the computer and back to the Korg which may be causing your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    We need more information about your system and setup: http://forums.m-audio.com/showthread...BEFORE-posting

What operating system? Do you have both MIDI input and output connected? How is the MIDI routed in FL Studio?

You may be triggering the sounds directly and then doubling that data by sending to the computer and back to the Korg which may be causing your problem.
    I'm running windows 7 64x, FL studio is set up as instructed, but I get the same resaults in MIDI-OX. I've got both input and output connected. Should I only use the output from the korg?

Try connecting only out form the Korg to In of the Uno and see if the problem goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Try connecting only out form the Korg to In of the Uno and see if the problem goes away.
    The problem persists. Though it seems to have changed a bit. I don't know if it's related to pulling out the cable, but now it seems to input random notes every once in a while, instead of holding them like before.

I'm not aware of any issues using a MicroKorg with the Uno. See this FAQ to check the serial number of your Uno to find out if it was part of the defective batch: MIDISport UNO is Not Inputting Accurate MIDI Data to the Computer

Do you have the latest driver for the Uno installed?

If you uninstall the M-Audio drivers and use the Uno plug and play (with the drivers built into Windows), does it behave the same?

I do have the latest drivers. I haven't tried uninstalling them, but I didn't get it to work without them before. I've checked, and it's not in the defective batch.

i have this exact same problem, i have the updated drivers, i only use the output connection from my KORG to my computer as well. i noticed that the lights on the midisport uno do not light up when they connect via input or output so i have no idea why these problems are happening but i feel like i wasted my money and am most likely going to buy a new midi cord

Quote Originally Posted by yardsale22 View Post
    i have this exact same problem, i have the updated drivers, i only use the output connection from my KORG to my computer as well. i noticed that the lights on the midisport uno do not light up when they connect via input or output so i have no idea why these problems are happening but i feel like i wasted my money and am most likely going to buy a new midi cord
    Same for me. Might get a sound card with MIDI input and output.

I fiddled around a bit with the settings on my korg, and managed to fix it! Not sure what caused the problem, but I'm happy it works! I think it started working after I fiddled a bit with the third or forth knob when changing the MIDI settings.