An updated FireWire Series driver for Windows has been released to beta.
Installer Version: 6.0.4
Driver Version: 18.104.22.16861
FireWire 410, FireWire Solo, FireWire Audiophile, FireWire 1814, ProjectMix I/O, ProFire Lightbridge, NRV10, Ozonic
Operating Systems Supported:
- XP SP3 (32-Bit)
- Vista SP2 (32 & 64-Bit)
- Windows 7 SP1 (32 & 64-Bit)
- Fixed installer Read Me file formatting.
- Fixed blue screen of death when loading the ProjectMix or 1814 driver.
- Corrected coding error introduced in previous release.
- Fixed FireWire Solo default channel setting. It now defaults to Analog 1/2 rather than SPDIF in Sounds control panel.
- In Control Panel, changed name of delete button to close to better match its function.
- Installer Launcher now kills MAFWTray.exe prior to launching the msi Installer.
- Updated the legacy uninstaller to correctly find and kill 64 bit versions of MAFWTray.exe.
- Addressed "Setup Wizard Ended Prematurely because of an error" issue reported
- Removed "Driver" from the Installer name used within the installer UI
- Changed installer to use Avid license file rather than the old M-Audio/MidiMan license
- Changed build to use Avid signing certificate in place of the expired M-Audio signing certificate
- Report installer package version rather than driver version in control panel.
- Control Panel now ignores F1 key since it has no help
- Made naming in control panel UI more consistent with the Mac version
There is a new Avid Beta community that users must sign up for in order to access beta drivers. See this thread for more information and a signup link:
Please post feedback via bug reports, journal entries, or the forum on the new Centercode site. Note that you may have to click "Continue" at the bottom of the page after selecting "Audio Interface, Keyboards & MIDI Device Maintenance" in order to get to the FireWire Series drivers.