M-Audio KeyStudio 49 & Pro Tools SE -> Error! Please help

Thread: M-Audio KeyStudio 49 & Pro Tools SE -> Error! Please help

Exclamation M-Audio KeyStudio 49 & Pro Tools SE -> Error! Please help

I recently purchased a brand new M-Audio Keystudio 49, and I'm running into problems after installing the software multiple times on my computer and trying to get things going. Before I continue, here are my computer specs

Mainboard : MSI Indio
    Chipset : Intel P55
    Processor : Intel Core i5 750 @ 2666MHz
    Physical Memory : 6144MB (3 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
    Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    Hard Disk : Seagate ST31000528AS (1000GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : Hewlett-Packard DVD-RAM GH40L
    DVD-Rom Drive : SRGF G5IFG9IBKP
    Monitor Type : Hewlett Packard HP L2445m - 24 inches
    Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
    Network Card : Atheros Communications AR928X Wireless Network Adapter (PCIe)
    Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    DirectX : Version 11.00

Looking at the specs, I dont think its a problem with my computer's abilities.
    Anyways, I've searched the forum for similar issues, tried almost all of the solutions that worked for those, without any luck. (maybe I missed the one post with the right answer, but I'm not going to spend all my time searching)

HERE'S THE PROBLEM
    I start up my pro tools SE, and get the following message
    "Warning - loss of plug in authorization keys may occur.
    This system contains one or more drives formatted with NTFS, which have volume names longer than 11 characters this combinations is known to corrupt some interlok plug-in authorizations. If you know which drives are authorized and they are not configured this way or if you have no InterLok protected plug ins, then you may continue. In order to remedy this issue before corruption can occur click YES to quit pro tools and rename NTFS volumes to name that are 11 characters or less. Next, re launch pro tools and this dialog should not appear.
    Quit pro tools?
    -> Yes -> NO"

all i have is my local disk drive named HP(C:), and a FACTORY_IMAGE (D:) drive. I renamed my Factory Image drive (which is DEFINETELY NOT THE PROBLEM - youll see why)

Anyways, so the program starts now, and its loading all its fun random loading stuff that i cant wait to try once this works. then it freezes on "DAE LOADED"
    Then this appears: (ive seen many other posts with similar messages, except none of the solutions for them worked out)

"Unable to locate AVID hardware. Make sure your hardware is connected and turned on. Click "OK" when the hardware is ready.
    -> Cancel -> OK

Now, my keystudio is plugged into the computer, I re-installed the required drivers, I restarted and re-installed everything a few times just for good luck, and STILL NO LUCK. So, i decide to click OK till my finger breaks or the program gives in. after clicking enough, the program will *START WORKING* for a small bit, then my computer crashes and I get a beautiful blue screen that lists a bunch of error messages I reallly cant understand, (if you REALLY want i can write it down and post it).

Anyways, If anybody can give me a hand, that would be great. I don't want to be returning this nice Keystudio a day after I got it for my b day =)

EDIT: ANOTHER THING I FORGOT TO MENTION:
    When i open m audio micro properties, it says its not connected, then i plug in that weird usb to mic and headphones thing and then it says connected. I have a usb headset i use so i dont use this microphone/headset jack thingy... is that a problem? Ive tried starting Pro tools up with the Usb thingy connected but still no luck. I even plugged in my earbuds to see if it would work with something plugged in... no luck... meh

thanks a bunch!
    navid
    Last edited by Navido; 03-18-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Pro Tools requires the Micro USB interface, you can't use a USB headset mic with Pro Tools. You can ignore the first message about loss of authorizations. See www.m-audio.com/ptseFAQ for tutorials, FAQ's, and more.

I put in a regular set of headphones and my computer still gets a blue screen of death and i have to restart everything. The screen says something about: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    also mentions
    stdriver64.sys
    Any ideas?

any ideas on gtting rid of this BSOD? (blue screen of death)

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

At what point do you get a Blue Screen? Does this happen while recording? When the software launches?

halfway during software launch, it happens everytime. I no longer get the first 2 pop up screens i was dealing with, everything runs smoothly until the program loads, and every single time halfway, i get the blue screen.

When I got my Keystudio 49 I tried to install Protools SE ten times with various configuarations and it just wouldn't take. I don't think it's meant to work it's just a freebee. Sorry if that seems flippant but that's my experience. I have foresworn anything Protools since that experience.