Volume Issues with my DX4 speakers when using both RCA and TRS inputs at same time...

Thread: Volume Issues with my DX4 speakers when using both RCA and TRS inputs at same time...

Question Volume Issues with my DX4 speakers when using both RCA and TRS inputs at same time...

Like the title says, I am having issues using my DX4 using both the RCA and TRS inputs. Here is my set up:

iMac (mid 2011, 12 gigs RAM)
    TC Electronics Konnekt 6 Interface
    Logic Pro 9

I have my speakers set up so that my MAC is going in from the computer into the RCA inputs. I have the TC Interface going from its left/right outputs into the TRS inputs (I am using guitar cables). My goal is to have the sound coming from my computer as well as my recording mix to come through the monitors.

My issue: When I am using the monitors (TRS Inputs) to listen to my mix sometimes the volume will drop to half. This usually occurs when my computer (RCA side of the inputs) has made some sort of sound (email alert, volume up/down alert, etc...) which is coming through the monitors. After a few moments the volume goes back to normal. When I unplugged the computer from the monitors those sounds didn't effect the speakers. At first I thought it was my interface, so I got another one. This has happened with both interfaces....Any ideas out there of what the issue might be? Thanks for your time!

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

The speakers weren't designed to have both inputs used simultaneously. If the problem only happens when you send sound through both at the same time, you'll have to make sure you don't do that. Why not just setup your Konnekt interface as the system default output and have all audio run through that instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    The speakers weren't designed to have both inputs used simultaneously. If the problem only happens when you send sound through both at the same time, you'll have to make sure you don't do that. Why not just setup your Konnekt interface as the system default output and have all audio run through that instead?
    D'oh, why didn't I think of that!? I was able to set the output on my mac to my konnekt so now I use the volume control on the connect for my mac.... Genius! Thanks for the help!!!!