How's M-Audio Fast Track output?

Thread: How's M-Audio Fast Track output?

Default How's M-Audio Fast Track output?

Hey audiophiles

My Creative Sound Blaster 2 Platinum eX broke it's Ad-Link, and it's pretty hard to fix, so i'm probably going to have a new soundcard with something (external).

So, since i only use the card to record guitar and mainly to listen to music, i thought of the M-Audio Fast Track.

But something worries me, i really want to have a similar sound quality in the output as i had with the Creative Sound Blaster 2 Platinum eX.

How is the quality of the output for someone who needs good quality sound while listening to music? (i supose its probably better than the onboard card, but is it really good or just meh?)

Any help would be apreciated thanks

M-Audio cards are superior sonically to creative labs. But they are designed as a replacement for these cards. You will need speakers that are compatible with the Fast Track and that are lugged directly into the Fast Track
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidecut View Post
    M-Audio cards are superior sonically to creative labs. But they are designed as a replacement for these cards. You will need speakers that are compatible with the Fast Track and that are lugged directly into the Fast Track
    Speakers compatible with the Fast Track audio card? What do you mean? I have ordinary 2.0 speakers by Altec Lansing, costed me 30 euros. Also, i have a Panasonic R-HTX7 Headphones (taped 2 holes on the drivers and it sounds like total heaven now, love these).

I cannot find the edit button so sorry for the double post!

but i've been hearing a lot of things, some say the Fast Track MKII is 1.1, others say its 2.0 , what's really the usb conection of the Fast Track MK II ?