No overclock
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
    16GB DDR3
    Radeon 6900 series card

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

Pro Tools 8.0.5
    AxiomPro 6.0.3 Driver
    Have installed HyperControl for Pro Tools 8.0.5

Hypercontrol is recognized and selected in Setup> Peripherals in "Receive From" and "Send To"

Axiom Pro is connected to a USB 2.0 port (as opposed to a USB3.0)

Problem:
    Playing the keys on the Axiom Pro does not play the virtual keys of the plug in.

When I create a virtual instrument track and assign Mini Grand, the knobs on the Axiom pro 49 DO control the virtual adjustment knobs on the Mini Grand.

When I select the corresponding track on the Axiom Pro, the Mini Grand DOES appear as a recognized virtual instrument on the LCD screen of the Axiom Pro.

Hypercontrol Transport DOES work. The tracks play when I press play on the Axiom Pro.
    Channel sliders DO work in Mix mode.
    It appears that everything works as it should but I get no sound nor virtual key depression on the Mini Grand display when I press the keys. If I use the mouse to press a virtual key, I do hear the Mini Grand.

I have:
    Uninstalled and reinstalled the Axiom drivers - with and without using compatibility mode for Vista 64. (I read that somewhere... so I tried it)
    Reinitialized the Axiom Pro both by pressing the "-" "+" keys and the "<" ">" keys.

Using the MIDI output from the Axiom Pro to my MOTU Express router I am able to play my other keyboard so I know the keys work fine.

I have read other posts regarding this issue and I've tried everything I can find to resolve this.
    I know you are insanely busy and I thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
    Jay

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

In Pro Tools, go to the Setup Menu and enable MIDI Thru and see if that gets it working.

Jared,
    Thank you for your rapid response.
    I fired up the Axiom Pro controller, booted the computer and then launched Pro Tools. I ensured that I had control of the virtual settings "knobs" on the Mini Grand so I knew the Axiom was communicating with the virtual instrument.
    I then navigated to Settings>Preferences under the Midi tab and tried setting the Default Thru Instrument to the active virtual instrument Mini Grand which didn't work. Then I tried setting the Default Thru Instrument to "Predefined>Axiom Pro 49 Hypercontrol Out" for each channel separately, selecting each channel and clicking the "OK" button each time to close the Preferences window. None of these selections improved the problem. I searched for any other "Midi Thru" settings but I found nothing.
    I forgot to mention in my previous post that I installed MIDI-OX and when I press the keys on the Axiom Pro, MIDI-OX sees it.
    I hope this information helps and once again I thank you for your efforts.
    Sincerely,
    Jay

(I think I have the same problem with Ableton and Massive. Knob, fader, pad works, but not the keys... I havent use my Axiom for few month, but everything was ok before...)
    I'm on W7 64bit and in USB too, I have install the last drivers but nothing change.

Sorry, the MIDI Thru setting is under the Options Menu, not Setup. Make sure MIDI Thru is checked there. If it isn't, the keys won't play the instruments.

Default Axiom Pro 49 Pro Tools 8. Keys Do Not Work

Jared,
    I saw that setting under Options and tried that too but it had no effect.
    -Jay

Did you set the default MIDI Thru device in Preferences back to what it was? I think it defaults to something like the first selected Instrument track.

Also, make sure the Axiom's MIDI inputs are all enabled under Setup > MIDI > Input Devices.

Default Axiom Pro 49 Pro Tools 8. Keys Do Not Work

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    Did you set the default MIDI Thru device in Preferences back to what it was? I think it defaults to something like the first selected Instrument track.

Also, make sure the Axiom's MIDI inputs are all enabled under Setup > MIDI > Input Devices.
    Jared, Did you know the name "Jared" means "one who rules"?
    Dude. YOU RULE!
    THANK YOU.
    My Axiom Pro is now communicating properly with Pro Tools.

Just for informational/confirmational sake:
    The steps are:
    Once you have Pro Tools and the Driver for Hypercontrol installed and the Axiom controller is connected to a USB 2 port:

1. In Pro Tools menu Setup>Peripherals under the MIDI Controllers tab, select Type=M-Audio keyboard. Receive From = Axiom Pro 49 Hyper Control In. Send To = Axiom Pro 49 Hyper Control Out. # CH's = 8

2. In Pro Tools menu Setup>Preferences under the MIDI tab, use the drop down selection to ensure that "Default Thru Instrument" is set to the virtual instrument you have loaded. If you change the virtual instrument in the future, you should not have to reselect in this setting. This setting will automatically change with the selection of the new virtual instrument.

3. In Pro Tools Options menu, make sure that MIDI Thru is selected (has a check mark by it).

4. In Pro Tools Setup>MIDI>Input Devices ensure you have selected Axiom Pro 49 HyperControl IN and also Axiom Pro USB A In.

Thank you again. I will now be irritating the neighbors.

You're welcome, glad we figured it out, I was running out of ideas