INIT patch (single bank C 127 and velocity sensitivity)

Thread: INIT patch (single bank C 127 and velocity sensitivity)

Default INIT patch (single bank C 127 and velocity sensitivity)

I have had the venom for a while, and have recently started to dig deeper into using it to create my own sounds from scratch rather than just tweak presets.

The INIT patch is a useful place to start, and I have been able to create all kinds of sounds from this starting point, but have encountered one hitch:

I have noticed that when I select patch 127, bank C "INIT" I cannot set the velocity curve (it is set to no velocity sensitivity by default, and when I try to set the curve using Vyzex it doesn't change). I also tried using the mod matrix to set volume to be modulated by velocity, but again with no effect. I am able to use the mod matrix with other sources and destinations and ALSO to change velocity curve for other patches besides C-127 without a problem so it seems like something funny is going on.

Is there some toggle I am missing, or some reason why this one patch can't be set to respond to keyboard velocity?

I tried posting this topic earlier today, but it never showed up in the forum. I am new here, so if there is some delay and this ends up as a double post, accept my apologies.

Default Nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by MrP View Post
    Is there some toggle I am missing, or some reason why this one patch can't be set to respond to keyboard velocity?
    Eh... I figured it out. I didn't understand the " - velocity". The negative sign had me confused, which is easy when you don't really know what you are doing. So, using the mod matrix and "- velocity" as source and "amplitude" as target took care of that.