Can I use my m-udio keyboard purely as a means pf entering music into a notation prog

Thread: Can I use my m-udio keyboard purely as a means pf entering music into a notation prog

Default Can I use my m-udio keyboard purely as a means pf entering music into a notation prog

Good day, everyone. Please forgive me if this is not an appropriate forum for my question. Your kind answers will most likely confirm my conviction that I am totally out of my depth.

I have been given the following: An M-Audio KeySTudio 49-key keyboard with a USB cable for conecting to the PC (Windows 7); an M-audio USB Micro Audio Interface; Pro Tools M-powered Essential DVD.

My sn is goingto try to teach me how to use this set-up as soon as he has had a patience transplant . . . some months from now.

I would dearly like to know whether there is a way I can in the meantime use the keyboard as a means of entering music to be tinkered with on the PC using Sibelius, Cakewalk, MuseScore or some such.

If Yes, may I also ask how?

And would anyone venturing to tell me how, please treat me as the orginal dummy or idiot.

I would be greatly obliged to you all.

Greetings from South Africa

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Sure, you can use the Keystudio keyboard with any program that supports MIDI input. All you have to do is connect the keyboard to the computer with the USB cable, then launch the program and select it as the MIDI input device in the application. You'll need to refer to the software's documentation for instructions on selecting your MIDI input device.