Axiom Pro Faders Issue

Thread: Axiom Pro Faders Issue

Default Axiom Pro Faders Issue

Hello there, my Axiom Pro 61 of a few months recently had the misfortune of having a small bit of beer spilled on its faders at a live gig by a drunk, overzealous member of the audience, and as a result, 3 of the faders no longer work properly. They still output values, but the range is greatly limited, 1's from 0-39, next 0-90, next 0-112. I imagine this is merely a problem of the contact on the potentiometer/led or whatever's used having some residue on it, but my question is how easy is this to access? Sending in for repair is of course an option, but if it's something easily fixed myself then i'd much rather do that. It seems like it should be fairly simple!

Thanks in advance!

anyone out there?

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

I don't have any experience trying to fix something like this. You may be able to clean the faders with some electrical contact cleaner. Make sure the keyboard is disconnected and powered off and spray some in the fader and move the fader back and forth to clean. Be careful not to soak things and cause further damage. Spray it with compressed air afterward to dry it out. You'll want to make sure it's completely dry before powering back on and testing. If that doesn't help, you could send it in for repair.