Fast Track Pro Freezing all computer functions.

Thread: Fast Track Pro Freezing all computer functions.

Default Fast Track Pro Freezing all computer functions.

My fast track pro freezes my computer after any more than 10mins of use. I'm using Cubase 6 (64bit) and a reasonably high end Sony laptop...

I've tried to adjust buffer sizes and the number of inputs/outputs in use but no luck. Can anyone give suggestions/help?

cheers, J

I've had no end of grief with my Fast Track Pro .... until I stopped using the USB lead that came with it and swapped it for an old one I had (mine has one of those little round plastic anti-interference things near to one end) It has worked like a dream since. Worth a try.

Im going to try this myself because i keep having the same problem as the original poster. I have relentlessly tried everything over the past two weeks to tweak my pc and i am convinced that the Fast Track Pro is the root and cause of all the problems i am having. If using another usb doesn't work, then i am seriously need to look at replacing the fastrack pro with another preamped device...........

I wonder if Maudio Fasttrack Pro is compatible with USB 3.0??

I've now tried using the Fast Track Pro with 3 different USB cables (which i know work) and none have made a difference. It still cuts sound and all computer functions after more than 15mins of use. Originally i thought it was only when in use with Cubase 6 but i have since seen the same problems occur when simply using "media player".

Can anyone else suggestion a solution as i too am now considering returning the product.

Cheers, j

Did you try shielded usb cable?
    My native language isn't english, so it's normal if sometimes i write like yoda's talking.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesroachmcgurn View Post
    I've now tried using the Fast Track Pro with 3 different USB cables (which i know work) and none have made a difference. It still cuts sound and all computer functions after more than 15mins of use. Originally i thought it was only when in use with Cubase 6 but i have since seen the same problems occur when simply using "media player".

Can anyone else suggestion a solution as i too am now considering returning the product.

Cheers, j

I was using the new beta driver and it still didn't seem to have any effect. I bought a Focusrite sapphire pro 14 and have not had one problems whatsoever. I am a little a dissapointed and even though i really wanted to buy the profire 610, my bad experience with fasttrack really turned me away from it.

You will have difficult if using a USB 3 port
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidecut View Post
    You will have difficult if using a USB 3 port

Swithed to a Focusrite Product last week and have not had one Blue Screen or pc problem whatsoever. I really wanted to go with a Profire 610 but my experience witht the Fasttrack Pro really turned me away all together......

After my initial post above whereby I had changed my USB cable for a better quality one I would like to retract my statement that this fixes anything at all!
    It was just a fluke that the Fast Track Pro box worked fine for a day. After that it reverted back to it's normal erratic unuseable status. My PC only has USB 2 sockets so i doubt it is a socket incompatibility issue (i've tried all 6 of them). I'm going to try the box on a few other windows 7 based PCs I have access to - I'll see how it functions. If it has the same issues on all of them then i'll be returning it as faulty / not windows 7 compatible along with the Pro-Tools MP9 I bought with it and going down a different route with a more reliable manufacturer. I never had a single problem for years using an XP system with Pro-Tools 8 and M-Audio equipment so something somewhere just isn't communicating properly (but buying a PC/Sound hardware/software all at the same time means it is difficult to determine which is the offending item but most fingers point to the Fast Track Pro windows 7 drivers)
    I have far more interesting things I want to do with my time instead of constantly trying to get any audio out of this piece of tat. If I find any type of solution to any of the bizarre things this box gets up to then i'll post them on here.
    System Spec:

HP Intel i5 Win 7 64 SP1
    6gb Ram
    G force Graphics (up to date drivers)
    Pro Tools 9.0.5
    M-Audio Fast Track Pro with up to date drivers

"Insert quirky catch phrase here"