Bad usb port Oxygen 49 Silver

Thread: Bad usb port Oxygen 49 Silver

Default Bad usb port Oxygen 49 Silver

hey there

about an hour ago, my Oxygen 49 fell on the floor ( a short distance and it landed on a carpet ) and is not recognized anymore. I opened the unit and saw nothing that appeared to broken. it did fall but it wasn't a significant hit that would break anything. However, I suspect there's something wrong with the usb port of the unit since the keyboard powers up, the value changes when I touch the data buttons, wheels or transpose buttons but, it is not recognized on either of my macs anymore. needless to say, it's also unrecognized on live, pro tools or reason.

has anyone experienced the same ? could it be the solder on the usb port ?
    btw, bit of a noob question here but, if I connect it via MIDI instead will it work ? I currently have no midi cable with me to try it out on my profire 2626 midi IN but I'd be willing to give it a try..

cheers !
    Last edited by Riquier; 04-30-2012 at 09:00 PM.

I had a similar problem with a (already sold) Oxygen 8v2 and after a reset of the keyboard it comes back to life again!
    See in the user manual how to reset.

you mean pressing data + and - before turning it up ? already done that, didn't work :S the thing is that the usb port looks a bit dodgy as I have to do some extra pressure to make sure it even powers up. also, as far as I remember, every time i'd power it up the first thing i'd see on the LEDs would be 'SYS'. doesn't happen anymore

I strongly believe the usb connection is only powering up the unit, though not allowing it to send midi messages to the computer or even being detected on my mac. d'you think a MIDI connection would change anything ? and do I need a power supply to power it up ? i know its a noob question but never had to power it up other than via usb ! I was actually thinking of using the usb connection only to power it up and the midi connection for data.
    Last edited by Riquier; 05-01-2012 at 05:40 AM.

ok Im thinking of getting me a power supply for the unit and midi cable so that I bypass the usb connection completely but.. will it work ?

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

It could be an issue with the data pins on the USB connection, which would explain why it still powers on. I would suggest testing with USB power and connecting the MIDI output to the 2626. No need to spend the $ on a power adapter just yet.

Make sure that MIDI out from USB mode is not enabled as this will prevent the keys from sending MIDI to the Oxygen's MIDI out port. Problems with Oxygen MIDI Out / MIDI Out from USB Function

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    It could be an issue with the data pins on the USB connection, which would explain why it still powers on. I would suggest testing with USB power and connecting the MIDI output to the 2626. No need to spend the $ on a power adapter just yet.

Make sure that MIDI out from USB mode is not enabled as this will prevent the keys from sending MIDI to the Oxygen's MIDI out port. Problems with Oxygen MIDI Out / MIDI Out from USB Function
    thanks a bunch !!