Firewire 410 not working on Mac OSX 10.7.3 - Macbook Pro 13.3 2009

Thread: Firewire 410 not working on Mac OSX 10.7.3 - Macbook Pro 13.3 2009

Default Firewire 410 not working on Mac OSX 10.7.3 - Macbook Pro 13.3 2009

Hi!

I have a Firewire 410 interface, I used this interface flawlessly because I got a new hard drive and upgraded to OSX Lion (So I was using it just fine on Snow Leopard).

I have a Firewire 800 to 400 cord that I use. I've tried two different cords to see if that was the issue.

I've went through all the different trouble shoot guides that M-Audio has, re-installed the software countless times, restarted, shut down, powered off, everything!

The interface powers on, and the light is solid blue. I've tried turning on and off Phantom Power, and Midi thru.

I could really use some help. I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.

When I open logic with the interface plugged in it reads, "Logic Pro has detected a MIDI Time Out. Please restart your computer, then relaunch Logic Pro. If the problem persists, update the drivers of all connected MIDI devices to the latest version. For instructions...yada yada yada"

"Error initializing CoreMIDI

Faulty MIDI Driver?
    Please restart computer"

Which version of the driver are you using ? any other FireWire device connected to the computer at the same time ?
    Model: MacBook Pro 15” (Early 2008)
    CPU: 2.5 GHz Core 2 Duo
    Memory: 4GB (2 X 2GB)
    M-Audio Products: FireWire 410 (1.10.5 Beta driver), O2 DAW : GarageBand, Rax
    Other: Bass V-AMP Pro, FCB-1010

Quote Originally Posted by Kazbah View Post
    Which version of the driver are you using ? any other FireWire device connected to the computer at the same time ?
    I'm using the most recent version of the driver, and no, no other FireWire devices connected at the same time.

With the FireWire 410 connected and powered on, does the System Profiler (Macintosh HD>Applications>Utilities) recognize anything connected to the FireWire bus?

Joel

Save yourself the aggravation and take the plunge and find another interface. The Firewire 410 will NEVER, EVER work correctly with Mac regardless of what AVID tells you. I have tried more times than is even imaginable. I have loaded and reloaded drivers. AVID was kind enough to send me refurbished 410s (three of them) and they all did the same thing, and just did it again which is why I am here posting now. You would think they could get it to work, but it is not a unit they make anymore, so why bother? I have had it when I was running Snow Leopard and now on Lion. Never worked. Always just stops working in the middle of whatever is going on. If you go to the hardware section of the software and change the sample rate from 4800 to 4100 and then back to 4800, it will go online again for a while then it will crap out again. AVID was never able to figure out what was happening. I am now done and will be finding another unit which is a shame since the unit did not get much use other than sitting in my rack as a sound card.