M - Audio Fast Track
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M - Audio Fast Track

Default M - Audio Fast Track

Hey guys

Recently I've bought M-Audio Fast Track USB Audio card.

fast track.jpg

I've encountered a problem. When I plug in headphones, everything work fine, sound is great.
    But when I plug in my studio monitors (I've got Krk Rokit 8 G2), I get some kind of white noise from my speakers, everytime I start audio related program, film, song, etc...

I'm reading forums and websites for 1 week now, but still haven't find a solution to this problem.
    There are more people with the same problem, and some are saying that it's driver fault.
    I'm checking for driver updates daily, but last update was on 21th of December in 2010.

Here are my computer specs, using Windows 7 64 bit SP1:

Intel QUADD 2.4 Ghz
    4 GB DDR2
    Geforce 9600 GT

My computer is good enough to process everything, so I really have no idea where the problem could be.

I'm attaching video, so you can look at my problem:

If anyone got a solution for that problem, i would be really thankful if you can share it.
    If it helps, I'm using RCA cables .

Regards

Anyone?

Cuz this really annoys me xD

Wow thats a weird sound. If it doesnt happen in your headphones then it must be related to the speakers. Are you using the proper cables with the proper connections ie balanced/unbalanced etc?
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Thing is, when I plug my speakers intro motherboard audio card, it works perfectly fine.
    So, I don't think there's problem in speakers =).

I'm Using RCA cables

I am sooooooo having the same problem. I remember awhile back that a guy in a studio were have that very same issue...was sooooooo annoying, we were using the M-Audio 2 mini and never found a solution to the noise. He finally got a digi 002 and no more noise. But a digi 002 is soooo expensive.

If you use rca to rca cables, instead try with rca to 6.3 mm something like this
    My native language isn't english, so it's normal if sometimes i write like yoda's talking.

@funkito: You mean 2x rca to 1x 6.3mm? And plug it into headphones input?

I have exactly the same sound coming out of my Fast Track Pro with windows 7 64 SP1 i'm using gold plated RCA to RCA cables into my mixing desk. I personally think there is a major driver problem with windows 7 64 because I get all sorts of random errors and the whole box will randomly go silent and refuse to play anything (when it goes silent that high pitched sound vaishes too ... but all the time it will say "connected" on the control panel)... you can mess around for hours trying to get the sound back on and then suddenly, without warning it will all spring back into life and of course that awfull ZX Spectrum sound comes back with it. This is by far the worst audio interface i've used in 30 years of electronic music making... and i've used some junk (the "PRO" part of the name is surely an M-Audio in-joke I assume?)

No I mean instead of using rca to rca cables, to try with rca to 6.3 mm cables, you connect 6.3 mm jack in the speakers and the rca in the fast track, you can try with one cable with two rca and two 6.3 mm jacks, and also could try with two cables like that in the picture with 1 rca to 1 6.3 mm .That option that you suppose you can try also, and you can try instead 2x rca to 1x 6.3mm with 2x 6.3 mm to 1x 6.3 mm, but with the two last cases if you want to use headphone you'll have to unplug the speakers.
    My native language isn't english, so it's normal if sometimes i write like yoda's talking.

Thanks for help here, but still, it there shouldn't be that noise, even with rca to rca cable.
    I think problem is in the driver. Last update was is 12/21/2010, dunno when M-Audio plans to make some updates...