Distorted audio problem with Pro Tools 9

Thread: Distorted audio problem with Pro Tools 9

Default Distorted audio problem with Pro Tools 9

I am using an m-audio fast track pro with a newer samsung laptop. Why is their distortion when monitoring? The problem is intermittent, sometimes it will work fine for an hour or so but then starts back up. The fast track pro works fine with audacity and other programs, but not pro tools 9 MP that came with the system. I have tried the newest update and still no luck. As far as I can tell it's recording fine, just the monitoring sounds really distorted to the point where I can't even use the machine. Is this a known problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Check the USB FAQ link below, do not use a USB 3 port and make sure to do the Win 7 optimizations found here:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...oting/en349411
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

I am using a USB 2.0 port, does that matter?

usb 2=good
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.