Midisport Uno Problems
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Midisport Uno Problems

Default Midisport Uno Problems

Hi,
    I have windows xp, a midisport uno, and a korg ms-2000. The drivers installed properly and the settings all seem to be in order. I loaded up midi-ox to check the outputs from the korg as I want to use it as a midi keyboard. When a key is pressed, it registers not as a note on or off, but a pitch bend or other random command. I don't know what the problem is, so any help would be appreciated. thanks.
    --airwalkzero

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Since the Uno is just a path for MIDI in and out of the computer, it sounds like that is all the Korg is sending. Is there any way you can reset the Korg back to factory defaults? You may need to check its manual to see if there is some mode that may be enabled that prevents it from sending out MIDI notes, and the pitchbend data could be being picked up by the actual pitch wheel when playing the keys.

Default MicroKorg

I have the same issue with my MicroKorg, i keep getting random messages when i test it under midi-ox. I know its not the MicroKorg because I've also tried using the uno with another casio midi keyboard I have and I still get the same results, I have the updated drivers and all. Help would be appreciated.

I've got a microKorg and the same thing happens to me - none of the keys seem to do anything, but the pitch bend wheel will register something when you use it, but it doesn't seem to really work. Not sure if I'm going to be able to get this to work...

Edit: It appears this thing is incompatible with the microkorg.. maybe...

Edit #2: I'm using Vista; going to try XP tomorrow. just not sure if it's something I'm doing wrong, or not...
    Last edited by Fryth; 12-04-2008 at 01:05 AM.

I have a Casio electric piano and an AKAI EWI4000S and they both have the same problem on UNO. Every note I play on the Casio gets ends up as pitch bend, stop all notes, patch changes, and all kinds of random messages. Same with the EWI

This happens on both Vista SP1 and XP Home edition SP3, I'm pretty sure I have the appropriate M-audio drivers installed properly on both. Any help, or is the uno just incompatible with my instruments?

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

There have been several reports of this issue recently and we are investigating. These problems sound similar to a previous incompatibility with certain Yamaha keyboards. If you just purchased the Uno, I would suggest exchanging for the Midisport 1x1.

Default Casio CDP-100 Midi Uno Problems

I had a turtle beach midi cord but that was getting on my nerves because vista had a issue with it. So I just bought the uno 1x1 lastnight. Now my casio is not being picked up right. When i turn off the keyboard and turn it back on while in REASON 4 it seems to activate all the sounds from the instrument selected. When i press the key it the midi seems to go through but no sound. It comes through as pitch bend or something.

Why cant there be a simple midi cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want a plug and play. I had that turtle beach one that sucked but at least when it worked i could still make music.

USB Midi is getting on my nerves. Are there any firewire midi? lol

Default i have a triton extreme, and i have the same problem

Quote Originally Posted by JA View Post
    There have been several reports of this issue recently and we are investigating. These problems sound similar to a previous incompatibility with certain Yamaha keyboards. If you just purchased the Uno, I would suggest exchanging for the Midisport 1x1.
    Looks like it's not only a problem with yamaha keyboards. My triton extreme can receive midi information via USB MIDISPORT UNO interfase (i use windows vista sp1), but can't send it. Please advice, really i should to exchange the midisport?

I also used MIDIOX program, it just receive random information when i push keys.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by JA View Post
    Thanks for confirming the problem, it sounds like the one I'm experiencing. And thanks for the suggestion and advising that you're looking at a solution. I might go and return for the Midisport 1x1.

Default Problems with Casio Privia PX-310

Also experiencing the same problems with my Casio Privia PX-310.

It may be too early to determine, but does this issue look like something that can be addressed in an updated driver?