Fast Track Pro: errors in startup

Thread: Fast Track Pro: errors in startup

Default Fast Track Pro: errors in startup

Hi!

I have a fresh Windows XP, 2,64GHz Quad processor (intel), with 3,2GB RAM.

First when I installed the Fast Track Pro it worked just fine. I removed it from my computer to use it in my live setup, it worked fine there. I've been told that you should connect the FTP to the same USB port everytime, so I did that. Next power on, it said:

TBIA Access Denied or TBIA kErrorShell_NotifyIconNIM_ADD

Nowadays I only get the latter one. Every time either of these appear, my computer stops loading startup programs, such as ZyXel wireless assistant and MSN, also my bluetooth mouse stops working (keyboard works fine, and they use the same bluetooth device). Also virus scanner (avast!) will not update itself. Sometimes these programs not loading cause some other error messages too on startup. Start-menu doesnt work (the whole status bar doesn't work).

I can fix this by first going to application manager with ctrl+alt+del, then my mouse starts working. Then clicking the TBIA error message away. Then going with my keyboards "windows-key" to the start menu, then log off and logon again. Then it starts working again, and everything seems to be in order.

This is starting to piss me off now, I know it's not a big thing to do, but is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by JussiS View Post
    Hi!

I have a fresh Windows XP, 2,64GHz Quad processor (intel), with 3,2GB RAM.

First when I installed the Fast Track Pro it worked just fine. I removed it from my computer to use it in my live setup, it worked fine there. I've been told that you should connect the FTP to the same USB port everytime, so I did that. Next power on, it said:

TBIA Access Denied or TBIA kErrorShell_NotifyIconNIM_ADD

Nowadays I only get the latter one. Every time either of these appear, my computer stops loading startup programs, such as ZyXel wireless assistant and MSN, also my bluetooth mouse stops working (keyboard works fine, and they use the same bluetooth device). Also virus scanner (avast!) will not update itself. Sometimes these programs not loading cause some other error messages too on startup. Start-menu doesnt work (the whole status bar doesn't work).

I can fix this by first going to application manager with ctrl+alt+del, then my mouse starts working. Then clicking the TBIA error message away. Then going with my keyboards "windows-key" to the start menu, then log off and logon again. Then it starts working again, and everything seems to be in order.

This is starting to piss me off now, I know it's not a big thing to do, but is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
    There are threads addressing TBIA. It is apparently caused by a conflict with things that run in the background. There is a detailed post about how to identify which program it is so you can remove it. So try searching.
    CLICK HERE USB FAQ
    CLICK HERE BEFORE POSTING Help us help you. Post system specs and detailed information
    CLICK HERE to Contact Technical Support - Technical Help, Registration/Licensing Issues, Repairs

CLICK HERE for
    M-Audio Knowledge Base - FAQs, guides, and tutorials

Admins/Moderators will not respond to private requests for technical assistance.
    I'm not M-Audio tech support. I'm a user just like you and I'll try to help. If you solve a problem please post what worked for you.

Suprisingly it was the m-audio taskbaricon itself...

Is there any other way of fixing this problem other than disabling the startup-program?

Disabling the m-audio taskbar icon should have no significant effect on your system. You can still launch the Fast Track Pro preferences from the Windows Control Panel.

Ive been receiving this same error. How can I remove it from the startup menu? thank you

To get rid of the TBIA error. Try this:

1) Click on Starrt and then Run
    2) Type "msconfig" andk click OK
    3) Click on Startup
    4) Locate the M-Audio TaskBar Icon and uncheck it
    5) Click Apply and OK
    6) The computer will need to restart to save these changes and the error message should go away.

Thumbs down

that fixed it . thank you

Glad I could help.