Axiom 25 and Sonar

Thread: Axiom 25 and Sonar

Default Axiom 25 and Sonar

I've very new to recording but I do have the Axiom 25 and am now using Sonar 8. I haven't set up the Axiom to function as a controller yet, mainly because I don't know enough about it, but I'm getting there. When I first got the Axiom, I was able to use it as an input device to enter notes in the piano roll view. I could also record or play it as a keyboard. I haven't used it for a while, but now I can't seem to get it set up. I have chosen the Axiom as the input, a synth (TTS-1) for the output..chosen my channel, bank and patch. It will play a sound, but not the sound chosen, for example, piano. If I go into piano roll view for the same track and use the pencil tool, it plays the correct sound (piano). I don't know what I'm doing wrong. If anyone can help me in setting up to do these scenarios, I would be most appreciative. I've heard it is hard to set up the Axiom with ACT, which Sonar uses, so I'm not sure I'm ready for that. But if that's the way I need to go, I'll give it a shot. Again, this is all pretty new to me.

Thanks.

Annette

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

<moved to keyboard section>

What MIDI channel is the Axiom transmitting on and what MIDI Channel is the instrument in Sonar setup on? It sounds like there may be a mismatch if the Axiom is triggering a different sound.

Thanks for the reply JA. It turned out that it was the octave button that got switched. So, it was only playing the first five keys of the Axiom and they sounded like a xylophone to me, but it was the high piano keys!

Thanks.
    Annette