No luck with MK-425c and WinXP-64

Thread: No luck with MK-425c and WinXP-64

Default No luck with MK-425c and WinXP-64

I'm trying to get my Evolution MK-425c and TriggerFinger to install under WinXP 64bit. I've searched everywhere for an answer; at the bottom of this page (http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...975ec36d084e44) you state that drivers are not needed.

I see the two "USB Audio"s in the Device Manager; I'm burnt out trying different ways to get this to to show up as a Midi device.

I'm using a Firewire 410 audio card with a standard midi keyboard hooked up and working, but nothing will see these two USB devices, even though the Properties page has the names and details listed as I would expect (from my 32-bit Windows list).

Works great in WinXP 32-bit, but I want to utilize the 8GB RAM I have.
    Any suggestions? Thanks.

WinXP 64-bit SP2
    ASUS P5Q Pro mboard
    Core 2 E8500, 3166 MHz
    8 GB RAM
    Firewire 410, MK-425c, Trigger Finger

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

USB Audio Device is how it identifies MIDI devices with the class-compliant driver. Have you tried disabling USB power management? Have you tried connecting the devices to different USB ports?

Ok, I've turned off all power managements (I presume those are the "allow this computer to turn off device to conserve power" check boxes, correct?). I've plugged into front and back USB ports resulting in IRQs 16, 17, 18, and 19 (the video card is on 16). The Device Manager each time would pop up "MK-425c USB MIDI" with a yellow exclamation for a few seconds, then settle into an installed "USB Audio Device".

Each time I'd check my DAW for a connection, but it's still invisible. Only my Kawai non-usb midi keyboard is detected.

My next step is to dig out the power supply for the MK-425c and use the Midi-plug connection (which I'm fairly sure will work but I'll have to obtain midi-merge boxes then, I suppose, for 3 separate devices.... I'm trying to avoid that).

So, xp64 is in fact recognizing and correctly identifying my equipment, but it just stops there, my software doesn't see it at all.
    Thanks again for your replies...

Jared is offline Tech Support, Community Mgr, Customer Advocate

Do you have a USB hub you can try connecting the devices to? This sometimes provides a work around when the Device Manager recognizes the device but applications don't.

It's a no-go with the hub; I also tried plugging directly with a midi cable (+ power supply & usb unplugged) and it turns out I get NO activity at all from the keyboard (in 32 or 64-bit)! Midi-Ox gives an "internal midi error" when keyboard is selected, whatever that means.

Of course, the Evolution drivers refuse to install under 64-bit. I've tried copying the various drivers to the matching directories in xp64 directories to see if they'd be recognized, but no. The only other clues are the Device Mgr in 32-bit shows Evolution Midi- and USB drivers (and the same for Trigger Finger) but only 1 "USB Audio" for each of those devices in xp64.

At this point I'm going to bag it and hope xp64 will have some sort of update later.
    Thanks for reading...